Welcome to Community Education
Noncredit classes at Community Education help you build important job skills, improve your basic computer skills, learn English as a second language, and more! Our students learn skills that prepare them for promotions or for new careers, and often transition into for-credit college courses.
To look for classes, apply to Community Education, or register for noncredit courses, use the buttons below:
Allan Hancock College is providing limited onsite services. For more information, you may visit the AHC COVID-19 webpage.
Community Education has revised its operational schedule as follows:
- Community Education will be open for in-person services until 7:30 p.m. on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.
- Community Education will continue to provide remote/online services until 7:30 p.m. on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.
- On Fridays, Community Education will be open for in-person and remote/online services until 4:00 p.m.
- On Saturdays, Community Education will be open for remote/online services only.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Community Education offers free noncredit programming in:
- Basic Skills
- English as a Second Language
- Home Economics
- Health and Safety
- Parent Education
- Courses for Older Adults
- Courses for Adults with Disabilities
- Short-Term Vocational Education
- Workforce Preparation
The noncredit program provides adults the opportunity to learn English, earn a vocational certificate, prepare for the High School Diploma equivalency (i.e. GED or HiSET) or U.S. citizenship tests, upgrade job skills, strengthen basic skills, and/or transfer to credit programs.
Community Education also offers low cost fee-based programming: College for Kids, Career Training, Personal Development, Fitness, and Music. Community Education has also partnered with Ed2Go to provide career-related fully online courses. Click on "Courses Offered" below to see all Ed2Go class offerings through AHC. You can visit our AHC Ed2Go page to see our Ed2Go start dates, class syllabus, and to register online.
*Advisory: Due to COVID-19 Community Ed courses have gone remotely.
The location REMOTE ERT (Emergency Remote Teaching) designation will identify Spring classes that are transitioning from being scheduled on-campus to being taught remotely, via Zoom.
Click on a program link below for more information on classes, including CRN# for registration, date, time, location, and instructor.
View a complete listing of all Community Education Spring 2021 classes here. Listings by program are also available below.
Receive support in adult basic education, noncredit English as a Second Language,
citizenship, and short-term vocational skills classes.
se habla español.
Do you have questions for the noncredit counselors? You can:
- Visit the Noncredit Counseling webpage
- Call 805-922-6966, ext. 3740
- Email email@example.com
- Visit the Cranium Café site.
AHC Community Education Staff:
AHC Community Education staff are available to answer all your questions.
- Call 805-922-6966, ext. 3209
- Text 805-221-8997
- Fax 805-352-1046
- Email CommunityEducation@hancockcollege.edu
- Visit the CE Cranium Café site.
For more information on noncredit courses or programs call 805-922-6966 ext. 3209 or email CommunityEducation@hancockcollege.edu
En Español: Para obtener información en español sobre COVID-19, visite la página de CA.gov sobre
el Novedoso Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19).