Skip Main Navigation


Official Hancock Transcripts Requests:

Check transcript order status

There are three ways you can order your official Allan Hancock College transcript.

1.  Internet Request (Quickest Way)

Allan Hancock has partnered with Credentials Solutions, Inc. to accept transcript orders via the Internet on a secured site. TranscriptPlus® will facilitate your request for up to five addresses at a minimal charge. You may order official academic transcripts anytime (day or night) online via the myHancock Student Portal. This service allows you to check the status of your transcript order and will communicate with you via email about your order. Please print or save your order number as this is required for verifying the status of your request.

If you have not attended AHC in the past year, you may no longer have access to the portal.  If you no longer have access to the portal, visit TranscriptPlus® by clicking on the logo below.

Transcript Plus Logo

2.  In Person

You may request that your transcripts are printed in person at the Allan Hancock College Santa Maria Admissions and Records office or at the Lompoc Valley Center. When at one of the campuses, listed above, you will then login to your student portal or Transcripts Plus at a designated computer and request your transcript be printed there. Please allow up to 24 hours to process and pick up your request.

3.  Via Mail (There will be a delay with mailed transcript requests)

If you wish to request by mail, you may fill out the transcript request form, print it, sign it, then mail it to:

Allan Hancock College
District Cashier
Transcript Request
800 S College Drive
Santa Maria, CA  93454

Rush service is not available for mailed requests. Please allow two weeks to process your request.

AHC no longer accepts fax requests for transcripts.

Transcript Fees

  • The first two are free only if you choose the mailing option. (This does not include the pick up or rush request, those have additional fees.)
  • $7 per copy regular service (allow 7 business days for processing and mailing).
  • $13 per in-person pick up
  • $13 per copy rush request (allow 3 business days for processing and mailing).
    Domestic Federal Express available at standard Fed Ex rates (this cost is in addition to the transcript fee).
  • A 60-cent Electronic Transcript Delivery Charge applies if E-transcripts are requested and if the receiving college or university accepts E-transcripts. This fee is in addition to the transcript fees listed above.

Notice: If at all possible, when ordering your external transcripts, please request that your previous institution send electronic transcripts.  Thank you for your patience during this time.

AHC only accepts official external transcripts.

Providing Transcripts to Allan Hancock College

Official transcripts are required to satisfy course prerequisites, Student Education Plans, GE Certifications, Federal Financial Aid requirements, and degree and certificate evaluations at Allan Hancock College. Transcripts submitted prior to 2010 were not archived and will need to be resubmitted. Official copies of transcripts from colleges, universities and high schools attended should be submitted to the AHC Admissions and Records office.

If you are submitting an official paper copy of your college or university transcript it must be sealed. If they are sent electronically, they must be sent by the school attended or the third party vendor the school uses.

AHC does NOT accept electronic transcripts which are sent from the student.

Transcripts should be submitted after applying to AHC but before registering for classes, in time for academic advising and prerequisite clearance. Final official transcripts, showing all coursework and grades received, must be received before GE certifications and degree and certificate evaluations may be completed. Transcripts are evaluated based on the AACRAO guidelines for regionally-accredited postsecondary institutions.

Transcripts submitted to Allan Hancock College become the property of Allan Hancock College and will not be released to students, other colleges, or agencies.  Plan to request a personal copy from your former college or university if you need one for your records.

Are high school transcripts required? 

  • High school transcripts are required of all College Now! participants
  • High school transcripts are required if the student is utilizing foreign language courses to fulfill a prerequisite
  • High school transcripts are required to utilize course work completed through an articulation agreement between specific high schools and AHC
  • In some instances, financial aid recipients are also required to submit official high school transcripts

How long does it take to evaluate an official transcript?

  • Official transcripts are processed in the order received
  • During non-peak times, transcripts will be evaluated within 15 business days
  • During peak times, transcripts will be evaluated within 20 business days

Official transcripts may be hand delivered to the admissions office, if in a sealed envelope from the issuing institution. 

Official transcripts may also be mailed to:

Allan Hancock College
Admissions & Records
Transcript Evaluator
800 S. College Drive
Santa Maria,  CA  93454-6399

If your college or university sends official transcripts electronically from a certified vendor, they may be sent from the issuing institution to:

Please contact the Admissions and Records office at 1-805-922-6966 ext. 3248 if you need more information.

Did you attend a college that is now closed?

For students who attended a college that is now closed, click the link below to find agencies in each state that provide post-secondary transcripts.


Evaluating Foreign Transcripts

Before you pay to have your foreign transcripts evaluated, please contact the Allan Hancock College Admissions office to determine if your course work will be accepted. 

Allan Hancock College accepts foreign coursework whose evaluation reports have been certified by NACES® (National Association of Credential Evaluation Services) & AICE® (Association of International Credential Evaluators). Completed coursework will be considered for lower-division unit credit only if the foreign institution is listed in the American Council on Education (ACE) Book.

If you are submitting Foreign COLLEGE/UNIVERSITY transcripts, make sure that the evaluation is "Detailed or Comprehensive" and translated, if necessary and that it include the following items:

  1. Name of the Institution, dates attended, degrees earned, and graduation dates
  2. Course/Subject Level Identification (lower and upper division, etc.)
  3. Overall Grade Point Average
  4. List the semester unit value and grade equivalencies
  • The official transcript must be mailed to:
    Allan Hancock College
    Admissions & Records
    Transcript Evaluator
    800 S. College Drive
    Santa Maria,  CA  93454-6399
  • F-1 International Students: You must submit an evaluation that verifies your high school transcript is equivalent to the completion of a U.S. high school diploma.
  • Below is a brief list of accredited agencies:

Accredited by NACES®

Center for Applied Research, Evaluations, & Education, Inc.
P.O. Box 18358
Anaheim, CA 92817
Phone: (714) 237-9272
Fax: (714) 237-9279 

Educational Records Evaluation Service, Inc (ERES)
601 University Avenue, Suite 127 Sacramento, CA 95825
Phone: (916) 921-0790
Fax: (916) 921-0793 

Foreign Educational Document Service
PO Box 4091
Stockton CA 95204
Phone: (209) 948-6589 

International Education Research Foundation, Inc.
PO Box 3665
Culver City CA 90231
Phone: (310) 258-9451 

World Education Services, Inc.
PO Box 5087 Bowling Green Station
New York, NY 10274-5087
Phone: (212) 966-6311 

Accredited by AICE®

Academic Credentials Evaluation Inst., Inc. (ACEI)
P.O. Box 6908
Beverly Hills, CA 90212
Phone: (310) 275-3530
Fax (310) 275-3528 

American Education Research Corporation (AERC)
P.O. Box 996
West Covina, CA 91793-0996
Phone: (626) 339-4404
Fax: (626) 339-9081

Foreign Credential Evaluations Inc.
1425 Market Boulevard Suite 330-PMB#305
Roswell, GA 30076
Phone: (770) 642-1108
Fax: (770) 641-8381 

Globe Language Services, Inc.
303 Broadway Ste. 401
New York, NY 10007
Phone: (212) 227-1994
Fax: (212) 693-1489