WELCOME TO AHC'S TUTORING CENTER
FOLLOW THE STEPS BELOW TO MAKE YOUR TUTORING APPOINTMENT.
To Request Tutoring Follow these steps (Fall and Spring Only):
- Enroll in BASK 7004A Supervised Tutoring, CRN 20735. BASK 7004A is a free noncredit class with no minimum required attendance and no grades. All students who receive tutoring must enroll in this course.
- Request tutoring via a tutoring application by clicking here: Tutoring Request Online Form. You must be an active Allan Hancock College student to receive tutoring. Tutoring is available in almost every subject. Appointments last 50 minutes. Students can sign-up for appointments weekly throughout the semester or for one-time-only appointments.
- Expect a phone call from the Tutorial Center office within 24 hours of submitting your application to set up your appointment.
- Once your appointment is scheduled, you will receive an official appointment email containing details about meeting with your tutor.
- Need to cancel or reschedule? Call 805-922-6966 ext. 3260 or use the chatbox above.
* If you submit the wrong information in your application or need to update it, submit a new application, and we will call you in 24 hours to update your information. Need an answer right away? Use the chat box to ask a question.
Use the chat box above, and a staff member will assist you.
Need a tutor right away? Click the "connect with a tutor now" link below to see the drop-in tutoring schedule. All Zoom links are available upon request through chat.
Please note that drop-in tutoring is available on a first-come, first-served basis. If you need a dedicated ongoing appointment throughout the semester, please request an appointment using the tutoring request online form.
ARC Computer Lab and Tutorial Center Hours
Fall and Spring Hours (Santa Maria)
Monday-Thursday: 9 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Friday: 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Saturday: 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Mondays-Thursdays: 8 a.m.- 8 p.m.
Summer Hours Lompoc Valley Campus
Monday – Tuesday: 9 a.m. – 7 p.m
Wednesday – Thursday: 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
We will help you be successful at Allan Hancock College!
The mission of the Tutorial Center is to assist students in successfully completing their courses. Tutoring supports the college's mission to provide support services that help students achieve their educational goals.
The Tutorial Center is a valuable service provided to Allan Hancock College students. The center offers free, on-site group and one-on-one tutoring in most academic subjects for all AHC students who apply. All students can receive one hour of tutoring per week for each class they are taking. Call the Tutorial Center to sign up for tutoring at any point in the semester.
TUTORIAL CENTER APPOINTMENTS
- Appointments must be made 48 hours in advance.
- Individual or group appointments are available.
- Appointments can be made for the entire semester or one-time only.
- Students can sign up for tutoring anytime during the semester.
- Tutoring is free for Allan Hancock College students.
PEER TUTORS ARE STUDENTS WHO:
- Received an “A” or “B” letter grade in the subjects they tutor.
- Have been recommended by their instructors.
- Currently have 3.0 GPA or higher and maintain it through the semester.
- Have been trained to help you to improve your learning skills.
All tutoring is available in person or online--your choice.
For computer lab information, see details on the Academic Resource Center website.
Assistant Professor/Coordinator, Academic Resource Center
Lab Technician, Tutorial Center/Open Access Computer (Santa Maria Campus)
Lab Assistant, Tutorial Center/Open Access Computer (Santa Maria Campus)
Lab Technician, Tutorial Center/Open Access Computer (Lompoc Valley Center)
Student Learning Outcomes
- PSLO 1. Students will improve their ability to effectively develop and ask appropriate subject matter questions.
- PSLO 2. Students will improve their ability to utilize effective study skills.
- PSLO 3. Students will gain knowledge of effective time management strategies.