Books for Bulldogs is a free service that allows currently enrolled AHC students to borrow textbooks for an entire semester.
To request a book from the Books for Bulldogs program, follow these steps in the Library Catalog:
- Type in your book title, course or keyword into the search box
- Select Books for Bulldogs from the drop-down list in the box
- Click the magnifying glass to search
- Locate your book in the list of search results and click the title
- Verify this is the correct course and textbook you need
- Click Sign-in in the yellow box to log-in to your library account with your AHC credentials
- Select the book by clicking Request
- Choose your pick-up location and Submit
- You will receive an email with instructions for pickup if your request is accepted
For more information about how to place a book hold request please click our libguide here .
Rules and Guidelines:
- Your Allan Hancock College student ID is your library card. Your ID must be current and you must have it present to check out anything from the library.
- Currently enrolled AHC students are eligible to borrow textbooks.
- Three (3) textbooks limited per student.
- There is no guarantee that requested textbooks will be available, as textbook supply is limited.
- The program does not carry access codes or course packets.
- Book orders are filled in the order requests are received.
BOOK PICKUP INSTRUCTIONS
Textbooks requests for the Fall 2023 semester begin August 7th at 8 a.m. and run through November 2nd.
Requested textbooks for Fall 2023 will be available for pickup at our Santa Maria campus library and Lompoc Valley Center library starting Monday, August 7th. The library will remain closed until Monday, August 14th. Contact staff to schedule a time to pickup your request prior to August 14th. Items not picked up after one week on the hold shelf will be placed back into the collection.