Books for Bulldogs is a free service that allows currently enrolled AHC students to borrow textbooks for an entire semester.
To request a book from the Books for Bulldogs program, follow these steps in the Library Catalog:
- Type in your book title, course or keyword into the search box
- Select Books for Bulldogs from the drop-down list in the box
- Click the magnifying glass to search
- Locate your book in the list of search results and click the title
- Verify this is the correct course and textbook you need
- Click Sign-in in the yellow box to log-in to your library account with your AHC credentials
- Select the book by clicking Request
- Choose your pick-up location and Submit
- You will receive an email with instructions for pickup if your request is accepted
For more information about how to place a book hold request please click our libguide here .
Rules and Guidelines:
- Currently enrolled AHC students are eligible to borrow textbooks.
- Three (3) textbooks limited per student.
- There is no guarantee that requested textbooks will be available, as textbook supply is limited.
- The program does not carry access codes or course packets.
- Book orders are filled in the order requests are received.
- Book requests for Summer 2022 will open June 6, 2022 - July 18, 2022.
- Book requests for Fall 2022 will open August 8, 2022 - December 8, 2022.
BOOK PICKUP INSTRUCTIONS
Summer 2022: Please come to the Santa Maria or LVC campus library during open hours to retrieve
your request. The library officially opens June 13, 2022.
Items not picked up after one week on the hold shelf will be placed back into the collection.