Books for Bulldogs has changed hands! The way you receive textbooks will change this fall semester. Instead of the Academic Resource Center as the point of contact, it will now be the Santa Maria Allan Hancock College Library!
Books for Bulldogs is a free service that allows currently enrolled AHC students to borrow textbooks for an entire semester.
To request a book from the Books for Bulldogs program, follow these steps in the Library Catalog:
- Type in your book title, course or keyword into the search box
- Select Books for Bulldogs from the drop-down list in the box
- Click the magnifying glass to search
- Locate your book in the list of search results and click the title
- Verify this is the correct course and textbook you need
- Click Sign-in in the yellow box to log-in to your library account with your AHC credentials
- Select the book by clicking Request
- Choose your pick-up location and Submit
- You will receive an email with instructions for pickup if your request is accepted
For more information about how to place a book hold request please click our libguide here .
Rules and Guidelines:
- Currently enrolled AHC students are eligible to borrow textbooks.
- Three (3) textbooks limited per student.
- There is no guarantee that requested textbooks will be available, as textbook supply is limited.
- The program does not carry access codes or course packets.
- Book orders are filled in the order requests are received.
- Book requests start on January 4, 2021 and will continue throughout the semester.
BOOK pickup INSTRUCTIONS for spring 2021
Requested textbooks will be available at our Santa Maria contactless curbside pickup location in Parking Lot 8 (near the gymnasium) on January 11 from 10 am - 4 pm and January 12 from 12 pm - 6 pm. Items not picked up during these times will be held until January 22 when they will be placed back into the collection.
For those students wishing to pickup their requested textbooks at our Lompoc Valley Center Campus please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org 5224 or contact Naomi at
BOOK RETURN INSTRUCTIONS FOR FALL 2020