Skip Main Navigation

Financial Aid
You can afford college!

With smart planning at the early stages of your education, you can help position yourself for decades to come. The Financial Aid office is here to help you secure the resources to fund your education.

Contact Us

For questions, call Financial Aid at 805-922-6966 ext. 3200 or email

Email is the standard method of communication. We will only contact you through your Hancock email address, with the exception of the first email regarding the results of your FAFSA which will be sent to the email address you submitted on the FAFSA. We are not able to discuss student accounts with anyone but the student or authorized parties.


Santa Maria Campus:
Building A-101, First Floor Student Services
805-922-6966 ext. 3200
Text: 805-365-0044

Lompoc Valley Center:
Building 1, Administration
805-922-6966 ext. 5251
Text: 805-365-0044


Mondays & Tuesdays: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Wednesdays & Thursdays: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Fridays: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.

Please refer to the Allan Hancock College Calendar to view campus closures and holidays observed.

Financial Aid Staff

Steps to Receive Financial Aid

Applying for Financial Aid is easy but must be done every academic year! For maximum state financial award, apply by March 2. You can still apply throughout the year. 

Apply for Financial Aid

Applying Using the FAFSA

If you are a U.S. Citizen, U.S. permanent resident, or eligible non-citizen, you will need to complete and submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). You, and most likely your parents, will need to create a FSA ID. Instructions for creating FSA ID.

Applying Using the California Dream Act

California residents who aren’t eligible to file a FAFSA but meet California AB 540 Status requirements should complete the California Dream Act Application instead.

You will need your myHancock login information to complete your tasks.

Important dates

Complete your tasks by the dates listed below to receive funding for the term you are enrolled in


You may start completing your tasks April 15, 2024

    • July 21, 2024 to receive Summer 2024 financial aid
    • Dec 5, 2024 for Fall 2024 financial aid
    • May 23, 2025 for Spring 2025 financial aid


Complete your My Financial Aid Tasks

Make sure you choose each AWARD YEAR in the top right hand corner to view your financial aid and any unfullfilled tasks or requirements. 

Award Year

Choose the award year based on when you are attending classes

    • 2024-2025 - Summer 2024 - Spring 2025

Check My Financial Aid Tasks on myHancock

Tasks and Requirements

The link above will show you the tasks you need to complete in yellow and red. Double click each of the required items and complete each task listed. You may need to print, scan, and upload and/or submit documents to

For help, please email

View your Financial Aid award offer

Make sure you choose each AWARD YEAR in the top right hand corner to view your financial aid.

Choose the award year based on when you are attending classes

    • 2024-2025 - Summer 2024 - Spring 2025

Check Financial Aid award offer on myHancock

How to get your Financial Aid award

If you have excess funds after your fees are paid, your refund will delivered via BankMobile Disbursements.

How to select your refund preference

Types of awards you may receive

View types of financial aid awards along with important dates and requirements

Filling out the FAFSA or Dream Act Application is required for nearly all available types of aid, so apply for every academic year. Additional application steps are required for scholarships and loans.


You may be eligible for a scholarship, but you have to apply! Scholarship deadlines are scheduled throughout the semester so check this webpage frequently. 

Student Loans
Before considering student loans, you should always seek out aid you don't have to repay. Additional steps and applications are needed to obtain student loans.

Have you recently had a reduction in your income?

At Hancock College, we recognize that circumstances for students can change unexpectedly. If you feel you have special circumstances, please visit the special circumstances page.

Are you in need of emergency funds?

If you feel you are in need need of emergency funds, visit the Basic Need Office.

Some things you should know

It is recommended that you contact the financial aid office before dropping classes.

If you withdraw from all classes and are no longer enrolled for the semester, you may be required to repay funds to the federal government. You are not eligible to be paid for a class never attended including canceled classes or classes dropped before they began. You will only be paid for completed classes if payment is made after a semester has ended. For more information on disbursements, overpayments, and or Return of Title IV, please visit our FAQs.


According to the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and to ensure your privacy, we cannot discuss student accounts with anyone other than the enrolled student (this includes custodial parents, guardians or other family members or friends even if the student is a minor and/or currently still in high school), unless the student submits an authorization form allowing us to do so.