WELCOME TO COUNSELING!
The Counseling Department serves a diverse student population with academic, career, transfer, and personal counseling needs. The counseling faculty and staff are committed to empower and educate students on how to achieve their academic goals by developing a comprehensive student education plan and referrals to campus and community resources.
HOURS | LOCATION | STAFF | ANNOUCEMENTS
Monday 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Tuesday 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Wednesday 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Thursday 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Friday 8 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Santa Maria Campus
Bldg A, 1st Floor Student Services
805-922-6966 ext. 3293
Lompoc Valley Center
805-735-3366 ext. 5200
Last day to submit counseling appeals for Spring 2023 semester-length & term 3 classes, January 27.
Last day to submit counseling appeals for term 4 classes, March 31.
For more counseling deadlines, click below.
Completing your degree this semester? See a counselor to apply for graduation. Deadline to apply is April 21. Students with no external transcripts can see a counselor on a drop-in. Students with external transcripts must schedule a counseling appointment. Click on the link below for more information.
A studuent education plan (SEP) is a comprehensive list of all courses needed to complete your certificate, degree or transfer program. The plan will list all of your courses semester by semester so that you know exactly what courses to regsiter for each semester. The plan will help you stay on track and not waste time and money. Schedule your appointment today!
Undecided on your career path? Schedule a counseling appointment with a career counselor.
APPOINTMENTS | DROP-INS | EMAIL
Reasons to schedule a counseling appointment:
- Develop a Comprehensive Student Education Plan (SEP)- New or Update
- Explore majors
- External Transcript Evaluation
- Transfer Planning
- Career Planning
- Apply for a degree and/or certificate using external transcripts
- Apply for a CSU and/or IGETC general education certification using external transcripts
- Apply for an Academic Renewal using external transcripts
- Review University Application
- Review Transfer Admission Guarantee (TAG) Application
- Appeal an Excessive Course Attempt (4th attempt)
You have two ways to schedule a counseling appointment.
- Phone: Call the Counseling Department at 805-922-6966 ext.3293, or
- Online: Use the Successnet link below to schedule an appointment.
Please arrive to the Counseling Department ten minutes prior to your scheduled appointment to check-in at the front desk.
We have counselors at both campuses. Select the campus below:
- Adding/Dropping classes
- Apply for a degree and/or certificate with no external transcripts
- Apply for a CSU and/or IGETC general education certification with no external transcripts
- Academic Standing/Probation Questions
- CCPG Appeal
- Apply for an Academic Renewal with no external transcripts
- Apply for a Prerequisite Appeal
- Apply for Reinstatement (Dismissed Students)
- Requesting Excess Units
- Pass/No Pass Questions
- Student Services and Community Referrals
Counseling drop-in hours for 2022-2023:
Mondays 8-6 p.m.
Tuesdays 8-6 p.m.
Wednesdays 8-4:30 p.m.
Thursdays 8-4:30 p.m.
Fridays 10-4 p.m.
Please arrive to the Counseling Department to check-in at the front desk.
Email your question to a counselor. We encourage you to use your Hancock email account. The email must include your Student ID number, better known as your H#. The response time will depend on the volume of emails. Most questions will be responded to within three business days. Please email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.