Allan Hancock College offers two specialized MESA/STEM counselors who will ensure the support of achieving your academic goals in your STEM field of study.
MESA/STEM counselors help students understand science, technology, engineering and math majors and the likely careers that follow university degrees in these fields. Career counseling and counselor-assisted career research helps STEM majors decide on the best possible major and career pathways.
Students who utilize our MESA/STEM counselors gain the benefit of "being in the know" and are included in email newsletters of internship opportunities, STEM workshops, and conferences and other networking opportunities.
Be sure to book an appointment with a specialized MESA/STEM counselor!
To schedule an appointment, please contact:
Christine Reed via email: email@example.com
Angelica Eulloqui via SuccessNet: hancock.starfishsolutions.com
Spring 2023 - You're Outta Here Workshop
Link to MESA Student Survey:
CHECK OUT AHC’s STEM Program Maps
MESA is an academic program that provides a wide range of support services and activities aimed at fostering student achievement and increasing the success and participation they experience while pursuing a degree in mathematics, engineering, computer science, biology, architecture, kinesiology, or other science-based programs. MESA enables students to prepare for and graduate from a four-year university with a math-based degree. It also seeks to increase the diverse pool of transfer-ready community college students who are prepared to excel as math, engineering and science majors. Through the program, students develop academic and leadership skills, increase educational performance, and gain confidence in their abilities to compete academically and professionally.
MESA sets high standards while providing the academic tools needed for helping students to succeed. This deceptively simple approach is effective and has produced remarkable results.Henry T. Yang
Chancellor, UC Santa Barbara
Benefits of MESA/STEM
- Enhance your educational experience while completing the first two years of a bachelor’s degree
- Gain industry knowledge
- Make friends who have similar academic and career interests
- Develop a close relationship with faculty members
- Develop and improve your academic leadership skills
- Raise your educational expectations
- Link with student and professional organizations to enhance your personal and professional development
- Access state-of-the-art computer equipment and the Internet
MESA/STEM Services Offered
- Orientation courses that transfer to CSU/UC
- Review Sessions, Organized Study Groups, and Tutoring
- Dedicated student study center
- Scholarship and internship opportunities
- Career and leadership development activities
- Book loans (as available)
- Specialized student success seminars
- Student Education Plans (SEP) and academic counseling
- University transfer recognition and support