Skip Main Navigation

Veteran Success Center

Welcome Military Affiliated Students!

IMPORTANT: Remember to complete all steps, including orientation and providing your Military ID or DD-214, in order to be eligible for priority registration.

Allan Hancock College's Veteran Success Center assists prospective and enrolled student veterans, active duty,  or dependents of veterans in utilizing education benefits, completing the admission application process, registering for classes, accessing campus resources, getting involved in leadership activities, and transitioning into civilian life. In addition, the center also offers connections to mental health and health services, computer access, learning assistance information, and access to tutoring.

Book a Counseling Appointment

The counseling center can provide an education plan for you to submit for our education benefits. Any of the counselors can assist with this. Several of the counselors have worked directly in the Veteran Success Center, including David Hernandez, Cecelia Teniente, Ben Britten, and Carissa Perales. 

Community Resources

Veterans Connect
CALVET Resource Book
CalTAP Resource Information


Building A, Room 1o4

Phone and Hours

1-805-922-6966 ext. 3925
Email us
Center Hours
Monday, Tuesday 0900-1800
Wednesday, Thursday 0800 to 1630
Friday 0900 to 1200

Steps for Veteran Enrollment at Allan Hancock College 


Request official military transcripts to be sent to the Allan Hancock College Admissions and Records Office via the following sites: 
Air Force: Complete the USAF Transcript Request Form and mail it to the address shown on the form. 
Army, Coast Guard, Marines, and Navy:  Submit your request electronically

(Note: if you get the message "Your connection is not private", click on the link that says "ADVANCED"  and then click on "proceed to") 
Click on Advanced, and then click on Proceed


Request official transcripts of all previous college enrollment to be sent to the Allan Hancock College Admissions and Records office.

See a counselor to Complete your SEP

Make an appointment to see a counselor who will help you create a Student Education Plan (SEP). 

You can meet with a counselor at the Veteran Success Center (building G, room 101) or at the Counseling Office in Building A. 

Be sure to provide your DD-214 to your counselor to receive allowable credit for your service. 

Veteran Success Center Counselors
Please contact the Veteran Success Center at 1-805-922-6966 ext. 3925 to make an appointment with a counselor. 

General Counseling, 1-805-922-6966 ext. 3293

Once Admissions and Records authorizes your priority registration, log onto your myHancock account and verify your registration date under My Registration Date. 

Video Help: How to Register for a Class at Hancock

Go to myHancock to Register


Once you are registered for classes, go to the Veterans Benefits Information Packet and sign in with your AHC email and password. Click on the "Next" box at the bottom of each page. Complete the Veterans/Dependents Request for Certification Form