Health Center Counseling
College can be an exciting time, but it can also be very challenging. Feeling pressure and stress can be normal and will pass with time but if you have been feeling sad, hopeless, anxious, or not yourself for two or more weeks, it may be time to meet with a counselor.
These feelings are more common than you think!
- 49% of AHC students reported feeling hopeless
- 78% of AHC students reported feeling overwhelmed
- 56% of AHC students reported feeling overwhelming anxiety
- 39% of AHC students reported feeling so depressed it was difficult to function*
- *American College Health Association/ National College Health Assessment AHC 2019
You are not alone.
Come visit Student Health Services and work with a counselor to design an individualized plan and develop strategies to cope with your situation.
Students who pay the Health Fee can meet with a counselor up to 10 times a semester.