Skip Main Navigation
Skip Navigation

Out-of-State Universities

Wishing to transfer to a university outside of California? Below you will find helpful links to assist you in exploring out-of-state universities.  We encourage you to meet with a Transfer Counselor to create a semester by semester plan.

List of out-of-state universities

Arizona State University

Arizona State University participates in the Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE) program that allows California residents to enroll at ASU and not pay out-of-state tuition.  Eligible majors are limited to ASU's Downtown Phoenix, Polytechnic and West campuses.

WUE & Arizona State University

Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE)

The Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE) is an agreement among WICHE’s 16 member states and territories, through which 160+ participating public colleges and universities provide steep nonresident tuition savings for Western students.


Historically Black Colleges & Universities (HBCU)

The objective of the California Community Colleges Transfer Guarantee to Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) Program is the development of transfer pathways that will facilitate a smooth transition for students from all of the California Community Colleges to partnered HBCUs. These pathways will simplify the transfer process and reduce students’ need to take unnecessary courses, thereby shortening the time to degree completion and saving student costs.