Equipment Loan Policies and Procedures
Before checking out equipment, carefully read the following policies and procedures as well as Hancock's Computer and Network Use Board Policy 3720, and Standards of Student Conduct Board Policy 5500.
LAP Equipment Loan Procedure:
- The student meets with LAP Specialist/Counselor to determine eligibility, equipment need and gain approval.
- The student makes a training and loan appointment with the High Technology Instructor.
- The student reads, signs and initials the Equipment Loan Agreement.
- The student will use the equipment for AHC coursework only and only for the students use.
- The student understands that a very limited inventory of equipment is available on a first-come-first-serve basis for one-time loans to eligible students.
- Loans are for a maximum of 30 days unless otherwise noted.
- If the equipment is necessary for an ongoing accommodation, the student must acquire their own.
LAP Equipment Return Policy:
- The student will return the equipment in the condition it was received by the due date.
- The equipment will be wiped down with a slightly damp cloth and the battery fully charged.
- The student will log off of all accounts and delete all personal information.
- LAP staff will examine the equipment for damages and sign off on the return.
If the Equipment is Damaged, Lost or Stolen:
- The student shall take reasonable precautions to protect the equipment from being damaged, lost or stolen.
- In cases where the equipment is damaged, lost, or stolen, the student must contact the LAP at 805-922-6966 ext. 3274.
- If the equipment is stolen, the student must file a police report with the local police and provide the LAP with a copy of the police report. If the theft occurred on campus, the student must also file a report with the AHC Campus Police.
- Failure to return the equipment, returning the equipment past the due date and/or returning damaged equipment may result in the student being barred from borrowing future equipment, a registration hold and liable to AHC for replacement costs.
Classroom Audio Recording Policy Reminder:
- The student will inform the instructor of their plan to record. The instructor may ask the student to complete the LAP's Student/Instructor Classroom Audio Recording Agreement.
- Recordings will be used for educational purposes only.
- The recorder will be turned off at the instructor’s request during portions of the lecture which are not relevant to the contents of the course requirement.
- Recordings will not be copied, shared or distributed in any manner.
- Recordings will be deleted by the end of each semester.
Equipment Replacement Cost Estimates: For specific replacement costs, please contact the LAP.