Your future is promising
The Hancock Promise provides local high school graduates with a year of free tuition at Allan Hancock College! The promise is open to all students who enroll at Hancock immediately after graduating from a high school located in the Allan Hancock Joint Community College District. Students who are home schooled or completed their GED through a local adult education program within the district (GED and HiSET graduates) are also eligible.
Benefits for students include:
- More than $1,200 in tuition and fees during first year at Allan Hancock College
- Early registration for classes
- Personalized counseling for academic success
- Free tutoring and other academic support services.
Steps to Become a Promise Student
- A copy of your current high school transcript.
Placement for math and English is based on high school GPA.
- Your Social Security Number or permanent resident card.
If you don't have either, leave this section of the application blank.
- An email address.
If your parents don't have an email address, they can sign up at yahoo.com or gmail.com.
Check your email for your student ID number (H#) and your username. Be sure to keep
it in a safe place. This number will be used throughout your time at Hancock.
You may want to write it down!
Starting October 1, 2019
Attend a Cash for College event to receive help with financial aid forms. Dates are listed on the back.
To complete information on these applications you will need:
- 2018 tax return.
- The Allan Hancock College school code which is 001111
- Know your Social Security Number, if you have one.
- Parents'/legal guardians' birthday.
- Student's personal email address.
- Parents'/legal guardians' email address
Please double-check the My Financial Aid section in your myHancock student portal to see if you have any "unsatisfied requirements"; if so, click on the link and follow the instructions.
Questions about applying for financial aid? Please call Financial Aid at 1-805-922-6966 ext. 3200.
Each high school will have a designated "Launch to College" day.
Student will come to AHC and finish all the Promise steps.
|February 28||Lompoc High School, Maple High School (at Lompoc Valley Center)|
|March 6||Santa Ynez High School, Cabrillo High School, Olive Grove|
|March 13||Righetti High School, Santa Maria High School|
|March 26||St. Joseph High School|
|March 27||Pioneer Valley High School|
|April 3||Pioneer Valley High School, Delta High School|
|April 24||Orcutt Academy High School, Nipomo High School, Arroyo Grande High School, Lopez High School|
|May 1||Santa Maria High School, Family Partnership|
Once you complete steps 1-5 you are officially a Promise Student!
Starting May 4, 2020
Now that you're a Promise student, it's time to register for summer or fall classes.
- Check your Hancock Promise award by logging into your myHancock student portal.
- Go to your My Financial Aid section, select Financial Aid Award, and then select Financial Aid to check for additional requirements.
- When you register, have your first semester education plan available (can be found in DegreeWorks).
- You must register for at least 12 units each semester, both fall and spring.
- You must complete one English and one math class during the first year if required by the program of study
Questions about registration? Call Admissions & Records at 1-805-922-6966 ext. 3248
Complete by November 2020
An SEP is a comprehensive semester-by-semester plan in DegreeWorks listing all courses you will need to complete in order to reach your educational goal.
To schedule your SEP appointment, call Counseling at 1-805-922-6966 ext.3293.
Keep Track of Your Progress with the Promise App!
Download The Hancock Promise app to your Apple or Android phone to keep track of your progress with the Hancock Promise.
- Open the app and follow the instructions to set up your username and password. You will need your name, student ID number (H#), and your date of birth.
- Check the app for updates on your progress, important due dates, and other information to help you complete your Hancock Promise steps.
- Have questions? Read the app FAQs or use the app to connect Hancock by phone at 1-805-347-7550 or email email@example.com.
For more information:
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone Number: 805-347-7550