Using the Library
Spring 2023 Hours:
SM Campus Library: Mondays-Thursdays: 8 a.m. - 10 p.m. | Fridays: 8 a.m. - 2 p.m.
LVC Library: Mondays-Thursdays: 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Chat: Mondays-Thursdays: 8 a.m. - 12 a.m. | Fridays: 8 a.m. - 10 p.m. | Saturdays: 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. | Sundays: 10 a.m. - 12 a.m.
Summer 2023 Hours:
SM Campus Library: Mon-Tues: 9 am - 7 pm | Wed-Thurs: 9 am - 2 pm
LVC Library: Mon-Tues: 9 am - 7 pm | Wed-Thurs: 9 am - 2 pm
Chat: Mon-Fri: 10 am - 6 pm | Sun: 10 am - 6 pm
Learn more about library services here: https://libguides.hancockcollege.edu/quickguide
Expert Research Assistance
Need help getting started on a research project? Stuck in a database? Librarians and LRC staff can help guide students doing research. Use our Ask a Librarian E-reference service or chat with us.
Students, faculty and staff can request books and other materials from the AHC Library by placing a hold in the library catalog. Most circulating books will be available to check out for three weeks at a time, with the option to renew twice (renew via the catalog).
Looking for access to course textbooks? Check the library catalog for textbooks in the Books for Bulldogs collection or from the online textbook collection. If your book is not in the catalog, check BibliU, our e-Textbook platform.
Textbooks in the Books for Bulldogs (B4B) book lending collection can be checked out for the entire semester. Once the request has been submitted, the student or staff member will be notified by email when and where the items are available for pick-up. After you have placed a request and receive notification your book is ready for pickup, you can pick up books during library hours as shown above.
The library staff is always working hard to find ways for students to access physical and digital materials. Stay tuned for announcements on new services being offered.
- Search for your book(s) here in the library catalog. If it is in the catalog and is available to borrow, place a hold request. Wait for a confirmation email with further instructions on how and when to pick up your book(s). Or, if it is available as an online textbook (PDFs), please sign in to access the book PDFs for up to 2 hours.
- Is your book not in the catalog? Check to see if it's available as an e-book through BibliU.
- Digitization requests are not available for students. Please chat or stop by to speak to a librarian if you need further assistance.
Are you an instructor that would like your textbook available to be borrowed online? Please submit this form.
The Santa Maria and Lompoc Campus libraries offer quiet study spaces during normal business hours as shown above. No appointments are needed. Computer workstations are also available for student research, printing and assignment needs.
For questions please contact our Santa Maria campus by email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 805-922-6966 extension 3683. For our Lompoc campus call 805-735-3366 extension 5224 or 5322.
More Library Resources
- Research Assistance: Either chat with us or fill out the virtual research consultation form to set up a more in-depth research meeting with a college librarian (over the phone or over video-conference software).
- Course Reserves: Students can borrow Course Reserve textbooks for up to 2 hours. You can also check to see if we have your textbook available as PDFs to borrow or in our Bibliu collection (see above).
- Requests: Details about how and when to pick up your requested item will be sent via email. If you cannot pick up your items at that time, please contact the Circulation Desk: 805-922-6966 extension 3683.
- WiFi Access: WiFi is available in every building on the Santa Maria, Lompoc, and Santa Ynez campuses. In addition, we have outdoor WiFi available in a few areas on the Santa Maria campus. You can connect on the patio between the library and the student center, in the parking lot outside of the gym (building N), and in the parking lot near the humanities building (building C). To connect with your personal device, please follow these directions from ITS. See image below for more info:
Find us at our Santa Maria campus and our Lompoc Valley Center campus!
Santa Maria Campus Library: Bldg L
Lompoc Valley Center Library: Bldg 1