Using the Library
Fall In-Person Santa Maria Campus Library Hours:
Monday through Thursday: 8 a.m. - 10 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Sunday: 11 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Fall In-Person Lompoc Valley Center Library Hours:
Monday through Thursday: 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Learn more about fall library services here: https://libguides.hancockcollege.edu/quickguide
Study Space at the Library
The Santa Maria and Lompoc Campus libraries will offer quiet study spaces this fall during normal business hours as shown above. No appointments are needed. Computer workstations are also available for student research and assignment needs.
For questions please contact our Santa Maria campus by email email@example.com, or call extension 3683. For our Lompoc campus call extension 5224 or 5322 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Expert Research Assistance
Need help getting started on a research project? Stuck in a database? Librarians and LRC staff can help guide students doing research. Use our Ask a Librarian E-reference service or chat with us.
In the fall semester, the library chat hours will be as follows:
- Monday - Thursday: 6 a.m. to 12 a.m.
- Friday - Saturday: 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Sunday: 10 a.m. - 12 a.m.
Back at the Library: Book Lending!
Students, faculty and staff can request books and other materials from the AHC Library by placing a hold in the library catalog. Most circulating books will be available to check out for three weeks at a time, with the option to renew twice (renew via the catalog).
Textbooks in the Books for Bulldogs (B4B) book lending collection can be checked out for the entire semester. Once the request has been submitted, the student or staff member will be notified by email when and where the items are available for pick-up. After you have placed a request and receive notification your book is ready for pickup, you can pick up books during Library hours as shown above.
The library staff is always working hard to find ways for students to access physical and digital materials. Stay tuned for announcements on new services being offered.
- Is your book available at the library? Search for it here in the library catalog. If it is in the catalog and is a circulating item, place a hold request. Wait for a confirmation email with further instructions on how and when to pick up your book(s).
- Is your book available as an e-book through BibliU?
- Digitization requests will be available only for those students who are unable to visit the library in person.
Fall (August 16, 2021 through December 9, 2021):
- Requests for B4B open August 9 and will be available through November 19. B4B requests will not be available November 20 through December 19, 2021
- NEW! Technology requests (for Chromebooks and Hotspots) open in the catalog August 9.
- Requests for all library collections will open August 9 and be available through December 5.
- Library requests will not be available from December 6-19, 2021.
More Library Resources
- Request Research Assistance: Fill out the virtual research consultation form to set up a more in-depth research meeting with a college librarian (over the phone or over video-conference software).
- Course Reserves are now open!
This fall students can once again borrow Course Reserve textbooks for up to 2 hours. You can also check to see if we have your textbook available through our ebook collection on Bibliu.
- Laptops/WiFi Hotspots Waitlists: The library has a limited number of laptop computers and WiFi Hotspots available. These items will be available for request via the library catalog beginning this August 9th. Here is a link to the Chromebooks the library will have available to loan.
- Students: Details about how and when to pick up your requested item will be sent via email. If you cannot pick up your items at that time, please contact the Circulation Desk: 805-922-6966 extension 3683.
- WiFi Access: WiFi is available in every building on the Santa Maria, Lompoc, and Santa Ynez campuses. In addition, we have outdoor WiFi available in a few areas on the Santa Maria campus. You can connect on the patio between the library and the student center, in the parking lot outside of the gym (building N), and in the parking lot near the humanities building (building C). See image below:
Find us at our Santa Maria campus and our Lompoc Valley Center campus!
Santa Maria Campus Library: Bldg L
Lompoc Valley Center Library: Bldg 1