Using the Library
STUDY SPACE AT THE LIBRARY
This fall, the Santa Maria library and LVC library lobbies will be open as quiet study spaces. AHC students may schedule up to two hours at a time in the quiet study space and reservations will be required in advance. To request an appointment in the Santa Maria Library study space, visit this link, or email email@example.com, or call 805-922-6966 extension 3683. The hours of the SM library study space will be as follows:
- Mondays: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Tuesdays: 9 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Wednesdays: 9 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Thursdays: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Fridays: 9 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
- Saturdays-Sundays: Closed
To request an appointment in the LVC Library study space, visit this link, or call 805-735-3366 extension 5224 or 5322 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The hours of the LVC library study space will be as follows:
- Tuesdays: 8 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Wednesdays: 1 p.m. - 6 p.m.
BACK AT THE LIBRARY: BOOK LENDING!
Students, faculty and staff looking to borrow circulating library items can now request and pick up books from the AHC Library by placing a hold on materials in the library catalog. All circulating books will be available to check out for three weeks at a time, with the option to renew twice (renew via the catalog). Once a hold request has been submitted, the student or staff member will be notified when and where the items are available for pick-up.
Looking for access to course textbooks? Check the library catalog to see if you can borrow your book through the Books for Bulldogs collection. If not, see below for information on how to request digital access to textbooks.
The library staff is working hard to find ways for students to access physical and digital materials. Stay tuned for announcements on new services being offered later this fall!
- Is your book available at the library? Search for it here in the library catalog.
- If you see your textbook in the catalog, but not available to borrow, please fill out the Digitization Request Form.
MORE LIBRARY RESOURCES
- Request Research Assistance: Fill out the virtual research consultation form to set up a more in-depth research meeting with a college librarian (over the phone or over video-conference software).
- Laptops/WiFi Hotspots Waitlists: The library has a limited number of laptop computers and WiFi Hotspots available. The waitlist for laptops can be found here. The hotspot waiting list is full at this time, but please check back again for additional information about more hotspots. The request list will be opened again when more hotspots are available. The library will contact those on the list to set up a time for them to pick up their items. The phone extension for the library Circulation Desk is 3683.
- Wi-Fi Access: Wi-Fi is available in every building on the Santa Maria, Lompoc, and Santa Ynez campuses. In addition, we have outdoor Wi-Fi available in a few areas on the Santa Maria campus. You can connect on the patio between the library and the student center, in the parking lot outside of the gym (building N), and in the parking lot near the humanities building (building C). See image below: