Using the Library
Study Space at the Library
This fall, the Santa Maria library and LVC library lobbies will be open as quiet study spaces. AHC students may schedule up to two hours at a time in the quiet study space and reservations will be required in advance. Request an appointment, or email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call extension 3683. The hours of the SM library study space will be as follows:
- Mondays: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Tuesdays: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Wednesdays: 9 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Thursdays: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Fridays-Sundays: Closed
Request an appointment in the LVC Library study space, or call extension 5224 or 5322 or email email@example.com. The hours of the LVC library study space will be as follows:
- Tuesdays: 1 p.m. - 6 p.m.
- Wednesdays: 8 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Back at the Library: Book Lending!
Students, faculty and staff looking to borrow circulating library items can now request and pick up books from the AHC Library by placing a hold on materials in the library catalog. All circulating books will be available to check out for three weeks at a time, with the option to renew twice (renew via the catalog). Once a hold request has been submitted, the student or staff member will be notified when and where the items are available for pick-up.
Once you have placed a request and receive notification your book is ready for pickup, you can pick up books on the following days and times:
Monday - Thursday from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Friday from 8 a.m. 2 p.m.
Looking for access to course textbooks? Check the library catalog to see if you can borrow your book through the Books for Bulldogs collection. If not, see below for information on how to request digital access to textbooks.
The library staff is working hard to find ways for students to access physical and digital materials. Stay tuned for announcements on new services being offered later this fall!
- Is your book available at the library? Search for it here in the library catalog. If it is in the catalog and is a circulating item, place a hold request. Wait for a confirmation email with further instructions on how and when to pick up your book(s).
- Is your book available as an e-book through BibliU?
- If you see your textbook in the catalog, but not available to borrow, or it is not available as an ebook, please fill out the Digitization Request Form.
More Library Resources
- Request Research Assistance: Fill out the virtual research consultation form to set up a more in-depth research meeting with a college librarian (over the phone or over video-conference software).
- Laptops/WiFi Hotspots Waitlists: The library has a limited number of laptop computers and WiFi Hotspots available.
View the waitlist for laptops.
View the waitlist for hotspots.
The library will contact those on the list to set up a time for them to pick up their items. The phone extension for the library Circulation Desk is 3683.
- Wi-Fi Access: Wi-Fi is available in every building on the Santa Maria, Lompoc, and Santa Ynez campuses. In addition, we have outdoor Wi-Fi available in a few areas on the Santa Maria campus. You can connect on the patio between the library and the student center, in the parking lot outside of the gym (building N), and in the parking lot near the humanities building (building C). See image below: