Using the Library
In-Person Santa Maria Campus Library Hours: This summer session (June 14 - August 5, 2021), the Santa Maria campus library building will be open to students on the following days and times:
Monday through Thursday: 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Friday through Sunday: Closed
In-Person Lompoc Valley Center Library Hours: This summer session (June 14 - August 5, 2021), the LVC library building will be open to students on the following days and times:
Tuesday: 1-6 p.m.
Wednesday: 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Thursday through Monday: Closed
In the summer semester (June 14 - August 5, 2021), the library chat hours will be
Monday-Thursday: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday: Closed
Learn more about summer library services here: https://libguides.hancockcollege.edu/quickguide
Study Space at the Library
The Santa Maria library and LVC library lobbies are now open as quiet study spaces. This summer, AHC students may schedule up to two hours at a time in the quiet study space and reservations are preferred in advance. Request an appointment, or email email@example.com, or call extension 3683. The hours of the SM library study space will be as follows:
- Mondays: 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Tuesdays: 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Wednesdays: 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Thursdays: 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Fridays-Sundays: Closed
**Special Hours: Monday, June 14: 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. and Tuesday, June 15: 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.**
Request an appointment in the LVC Library study space, or call extension 5224 or 5322 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The hours of the LVC library study space will be as follows:
- Tuesdays: 1 p.m. - 6 p.m.
- Wednesdays: 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Thursday through Monday: Closed
Expert Research Assistance
Need help getting started on a research project? Stuck in a database? Librarians and LRC staff can help guide students doing research. Use our Ask a Librarian E-reference service or chat with us.
In the summer semester (June 14 - August 5, 2021), the library chat hours will be as follows:
- Monday - Thursday: 8 a.m. to 8 pm
- Friday: 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday: Closed
In the summer semester (June 14 - August 5, 2021), the library Zoom hours will be as follows:
- Monday - Thursday: 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Friday through Sunday: Closed
Back at the Library: Book Lending!
Students, faculty and staff looking to borrow circulating library items can now request and pick up books from the AHC Library by placing a hold on materials in the library catalog. Most circulating books will be available to check out for three weeks at a time, with the option to renew twice (renew via the catalog). Textbooks in the Books for Bulldogs collection can be checked out for the semester. Once a hold request has been submitted, the student or staff member will be notified when and where the items are available for pick-up.
Once you have placed a request and receive notification your book is ready for pickup, you can pick up books on the following days and times:
- Monday - Thursday from 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Looking for access to course textbooks? Check the library catalog to see if you can borrow your book through the Books for Bulldogs collection. If not, see below for information on how to request digital access to textbooks.
The library staff is always working hard to find ways for students to access physical and digital materials. Stay tuned for announcements on new services being offered.
- Is your book available at the library? Search for it here in the library catalog. If it is in the catalog and is a circulating item, place a hold request. Wait for a confirmation email with further instructions on how and when to pick up your book(s).
- Is your book available as an e-book through BibliU?
- If you see your textbook in the catalog, but not available to borrow, or it is not available as an ebook, please fill out the Digitization Request Form.
With limited hours in response to the Covid-19 Pandemic, the library will be opening and closing requests for items on the following dates:
Summer (June 14--Aug 5):
- Requests for B4B open June 1 and available thru July 2. B4B requests closed July 3 thru Aug 2.
- Requests for library collections open June 7 and available thru July 30 .
- No library items will be available to be requested the last week of classes: July 31-Aug 8.
Fall (Aug 16--Dec 9):
- Requests for B4B open Aug 3 and available thru Nov 19. B4B requests closed Nov 20 thru end of Dec.(date tbd)
- NEW! Technology requests open in the catalog Aug 9.
- Requests for library collections open Aug 9 and available thru Dec. 5.
- No library items will be available to be requested the last week of classes and the following week: Dec 6-19.
More Library Resources
- Request Research Assistance: Fill out the virtual research consultation form to set up a more in-depth research meeting with a college librarian (over the phone or over video-conference software).
- Laptops/WiFi Hotspots Waitlists: The library has a limited number of laptop computers and WiFi Hotspots available. These items will be available for request via the library catalog beginning this fall.
- Wi-Fi Access: Wi-Fi is available in every building on the Santa Maria, Lompoc, and Santa Ynez campuses. In addition, we have outdoor Wi-Fi available in a few areas on the Santa Maria campus. You can connect on the patio between the library and the student center, in the parking lot outside of the gym (building N), and in the parking lot near the humanities building (building C). See image below:
Find us at our Santa Maria campus and our Lompoc Valley Center campus!
Santa Maria Campus Library: Bldg L
Lompoc Valley Center Library: Bldg 1