Electric Vehicle (EV) Charging
Allan Hancock College has four EV charging stations with eight ports at the Santa Maria campus. The college will soon have additional ports at the Lompoc Valley Center.
How do the EV charging stations work?
- Charging stations are limited to Hancock students, faculty, and staff who get a discounted rate of $.09 per hour to charge their vehicles.
- EV owners download the ChargePoint app on their smartphone which connects to their credit or debit card.
- When you hold your phone to the card reader using the ChargePoint app, it will release the port which then plugs into your vehicle.
- EV owners can charge up to 4 hours on the charging port. The average charging time is 2-3 hours. After four hours a parking fee will be charged to your account.
- The app will text you and let you know when your car is charged and give you plenty of notice to know when you need to move your car to avoid fees and allow others access.