Enrollment and Tuition Fees
Enrollment fees are set by the state at $46/unit for California residents.
You can apply for Financial Aid by visiting their website. The Financial Aid process starts by applying for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Once your application is submitted and Financial Aid has received it, you can login to myHancock and look under the Financial Aid tab for your Financial Aid eligibility and information.
Enrollment and Nonresident Tuition Fees
- $46 Enrollment Fee per unit.
Nonresident tuition for non-California residents
- Effective Summer 2020, non-resident tuition fees are assessed for those enrolled in more than 6 units. Exemption given to students enrolling in 6 or fewer units (not applicable for international students). Once student reaches 6.5 units or more, all units will be assessed the nonresident tuition fees.
- $279 per unit, plus $46 per unit enrollment fee.
- Payment plans available for non-resident tuition fees
(Fees above may increase each year due to state legislation and Board action.)
Cost and Purpose
$21 - Fall and Spring Semester
|Student ID Cards||
Free - Photo ID card and replacements
|Student Center Fee||$1 per unit up to a maximum of $10 per academic year for classes held at the Santa Maria Campus||YES|
|Student Representation Fee||$2 per semester. This optional fee provides support for student representatives to lobby for legislation, such as bills that will keep enrollment fees at the lowest possible level. Any student who does not wish to pay the Student Representation fee must select the waiver button online during registration period.||NO|
Four-wheel and two-wheel motor vehicles
|Physical Education||A usage fee is charged to those who enroll in some P.E. classes held off campus. See online course description for details.||NO|
|Materials Fee||See online course description for individual courses requiring a materials fee.||NO|
Payment of Fees
Refer to "Payment Deadlines" section below for changes in the Fall 2020 through Spring
2022 payment deadlines due to Covid-19.
Students who register for classes must pay all registration fees by the established deadlines (shown below) or they will be dropped from all of their semester classes if the account balance is $50 or more, regardless of payment type (cash, check, cashiers check, money order, credit card/debit card or voucher paid by outside agency).
Student payment options:
- Online with a credit card/debit card or electronic check payment, at the time of registration or by established deadline (see below)
- In person by established deadline (see below). Students may pay in person on the Santa Maria campus at Cashier Services, bldg. A; Community Education, bldg. S; or at the Lompoc Valley, Vandenberg AFB and Santa Ynez Valley center offices during cashier hours. Call the center of your choice for hours.
- Complete Credit Card Authorization Form and fax to the number listed on the form. Form is also located on the Cashier Services webpage under the Forms link. Due to PCI compliance (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard) we are unable to accept emailed credit card authorization forms.
- Santa Maria Campus 805-922-6966
- Cashier Services (bldg. A): ext. 3270 or 3626
- Community Education (bldg. S): ext. 3209
- Lompoc Valley Center 805-735-3366
- Vandenberg SFB Center 805-735-3366 ext. 3250
- Santa Ynez Valley Center (805) 922-6966 ext. 3355
Students' who have a balance due below $50 or less will not be dropped from classes, but unpaid balances will result in a hold on your account and inability to register for future courses.
It is still the students' responsibility to drop any courses they no longer want to attend.
Fall 2020 through Spring 2022 - Due to COVID-19, students are currently NOT being dropped for non-payment. We encourage you to make your payment as soon as possible to avoid having a hold placed on your student account which will prevent further registration activity.
If you are awaiting financial aid, please ensure that you have completed the 2021-2022 FAFSA. You should also check the Financial Aid webpage https://www.hancockcollege.edu/finaid/index.php and go to Step 3 on how to check the status of your financial aid file. If you have any financial aid questions, please call 805-922-6966 ext. 3200 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
To verify your account balance, go to your myHancock portal, within the Student Account webpart, select the Schedule/Fees/Deadlines link.