Civil Disturbance or Demonstration
Most campus demonstrations will be peaceful. Staff should attempt to carry on business as normal as possible. Avoid provoking or obstructing the demonstrators.
- Report threatening disturbances immediately to AHC Police Department,
ext. 3911 (Santa Maria Campus), ext. 5911 (Lompoc Valley Center). From your cell phone call Santa Maria Police Dispatch 925-2631, or Lompoc Police Dispatch 736-4511
Take the following action:
- Alert all employees in the area to the situation.
- Lock all doors; secure all files, documents and equipment.
- If necessary for staff or student safety, cease operations and vacate.
- Further instructions will be provided by emergency personnel in person, or via voice mail.
AHC Police Department and administrator in charge will assess the situation.
Participants who refuse to disperse may be arrested for a violation of the State Penal Code.