The faculty and staff of Allan Hancock College are actively encouraged to take appropriate action when students display signs of emotional or behavioral problems. It is recognized that it is often difficult to identify such problems, given this you are encouraged to seek assistance.
You have an emergency situation when you come in contact with a student who:
- is a danger to self or others
- has, or is suspected of having, a weapon
- is explicitly disoriented or irrational
- is currently the victim of a crime
- has a history of previous attempts of suicide, and is exhibiting emotional/behavioral problems
- is on drugs or medication and is exhibiting behavioral changes
Basic Reporting and Notification Procedures
To obtain help for any type of emergency, call the Allan Hancock College Police Department on campus at 922-6966 ext. 3911 (Santa Maria Campus) or 735-3366 ext. 5911 (Lompoc Valley Center) . The Allan Hancock College Police Department will respond immediately and will coordinate all necessary services to ensure the safety of students and staff.
If the AHC Police Department answering machine advises you to hang up and dial 911, do so at once. From your cell phone call Santa Maria Police Dispatch 925-2631, or Lompoc Police Dispatch 736-4511
- Stay calm and carefully explain the problem and specific location to the dispatcher.
Stay on the telephone with the dispatcher until told to hang up.
- Notify your dean, director, or supervisor of the emergency and begin to take the appropriate action warranted by the situation.
- The administrator in charge will appraise the situation and give direction based on available information.
- KEEP YOURSELF CALM - KEEP OTHERS CALM
Off Campus Programs Call:
|LOMPOC VALLEY CENTER||Lompoc Police Department||911 or 805-736-2341|
|VANDENBERG CENTER||(Goes to Military Dispatcher)||911 or 805-606-3911|
|SOLVANG CENTER||(Goes to SB County Sheriff Dispatcher)||911|
If a student requires prompt (same day) attention, during daytime hours, call ext. 3293 and request assistance with crisis intervention.
For regular psychological counseling
Psychological counseling appointments are available on a regular basis.
To make an appointment call the Health Services Department Santa Maria campus, at extension 3212; Monday-Thursday 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. and 1 p.m.-4 p.m. and Friday from 8:30 a.m.-1 p.m. To reach the Lompoc Valley Center please call extension 5207; Monday and Thursday, from 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. and 1 p.m.-3 p.m. For the VAFB center please call extension 5207 to make an appointment.