Skip Main Navigation

Complaint Procedures

Students who feel their rights been violated by an instructor or staff member, or who have a complaint about academic matters including grades and curriculum, should first attempt in good faith to resolve the matter with the source of the complaint. If the student is dissatisfied with the outcome of this meeting, they may take their complaint to a department chair or administrator for further review by a third party. If a resolution is not reached at this level, the student may file a formal incident report using the link below. 


Employee Complaints

Please use this form to notify the human resources office about an unsafe working condition or other issue.


Sexual Harassment

Complaints involving sexual harassment, race discrimination, sex discrimination and discrimination against those with disabilities, should submit a Title IX complaint.


Financial Aid

Student appeals relating to Financial Aid decisions, rules and regulations should contact the Student Financial Aid office in order to initiate the Financial Aid appeal process which follows established guidelines.

Contact the financial aid department at or 1-805-922-6966 ext. 3200.


Students may contact the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges (ACCJC) directly with complaints related to noncompliance with accreditation standards. Information on the ACCJC complaint process can be accessed at


For support and advice on the complaint/grievance process, a student may consult with the Vice President, Student Services Office at the Santa Maria Campus Building A-213 or by phone at 1-805-922-6966 ext. 3650. For the complete procedure, see AP 5530  and BP 5530– Student Rights and Grievances.