B.I.G.E. Student Club
Beyond Incarceration: Greater Education (B.I.G.E.). Through our action, service and collective presence, we are breaking down stereotypes connected to being formerly incarcerated.
- Connected by our backgrounds, united in our aspirations to support one another and succeed at Allan Hancock College
- Bi-Weekly meetings geared towards: Breaking the stigma connected to being formerly incarcerated, peer support, mentoring and connections to campus resources
- Meetings are open to all AHC students, including those who have experienced incarceration, those who have been impacted by the incarceration of someone else, or those who would ally with our communities
- Opportunities to serve our larger Santa Maria community
If you are interested in joining, please contact us or fill out an interest form.
B.I.G.E. Club in the News
Hancock College club intent on overcoming impacts of incarceration hosts first speaker
A club at Allan Hancock College is made up of students who have been incarcerated or who have been impacted by incarceration.
B.I.G.E. Club at Allan Hancock College sees membership triple following outreach
Students at Allan Hancock College are off and running on a new semester, but a handful of those students have a shared background you may not expect.
We get asked all the time, "What is the difference?"
We decided it was time to clarify! Yes we are different, and we are united!
(Beyond Incarceration Greater Education)
In-Person Meeting Schedule
Fall 2023 meetings – Free food is always provided!
- Aug. 18 11:45-12:45 (A103)
- Sept. 1 11:45-12:45 (A103)
- Sept. 15 11:45-12:45 (A103)
- Sept. 29 11:45-12:45 (A103)
- Oct. 13 11:45-12:45 (A103)
- Oct. 27 11:45-12:45 (A103)
- Nov. 17 11:45-12:45 (A103)
Arturo “Cheech” Raygoza
Club Founder (established Fall 2016)
Currently attending UC Berkeley