B.I.G.E. Student Club
Beyond Incarceration: Greater Education (B.I.G.E.). Through our action, service and collective presence, we are breaking down stereotypes connected to being formerly incarcerated.
- Connected by our backgrounds, united in our aspirations to support one another and succeed at Allan Hancock College
- Working toward breaking the stigma connected to being formerly incarcerated
- Bi-weekly meetings geared toward connecting students who have experienced incarceration or those impacted by the incarceration of someone else to larger campus student resources
- Peer support and mentoring
- Opportunities to serve our larger Santa Maria community
- Meetings are open to all AHC Students, including students who have experienced incarceration, those impacted by the incarceration of someone else or those who would ally with these students
Spring 2022 In-Person Meeting Schedule
All meetings are 1 p.m.-2 p.m. Meetings are the 1st and 3rd Friday of the month unless otherwise noted.
- April 29, 2022 - Bldg A-103
- May 13, 2022 - Bldg A-103
Arturo "Cheech" Raygoza