Welcome to C6 LSAMP!
California Central Coast Community Colleges Collaborative
Louis Stokes Alliances for Minority Participation
C6 is an alliance of eight California Community Colleges: Allan Hancock, Cabrillo, Cuesta, Monterey Peninsula, Moorpark, Oxnard, Santa Barbara City, and Ventura Colleges. C6 is the first group of California community colleges to win a National Science Foundation Louis Stokes Alliances for Minority Participation (NSF/LSAMP) grant. NSF/LSAMP is a program that was created specifically for students who have been historically underrepresented in STEM. Named in honor of Louis Stokes, the first African American congressional representative from Ohio, LSAMP’s purpose is to increase opportunities for students from underrepresented communities to pursue STEM degrees and careers. LSAMP does this by providing students with access to financial, academic and career support. Meet some of the LSAMP Students pursuing STEM Degrees.
Support for C6 LSAMP Scholars
The C6 Alliance focuses on three pillars of support for its C6 Scholars:
- Research Opportunities
- Academic Support
- Professional Development/Career Exploration
C6 pools its resources together to bring you – as an LSAMP-C6 Scholar – the very best STEM resources and opportunities that each college has to offer. For example, our collaborative symposium series offered every semester includes STEM topics such as success strategies, career exploration, financial aid and scholarships, internship opportunities, health and personal welfare, and professional skill development.
Additional opportunities available for LSAMP-C6 Scholars include:
- Peer and faculty support in gateway STEM courses
- Special access to STEM research and internship opportunities
- Alumni and industry mentors
- C6 student research symposia attended by STEM leaders from industry and universities
- Site visits to transfer universities and leading STEM companies
- Membership in an eight-college community of students who share your interest in STEM, and STEM faculty and STEM support staff at these colleges who want you to succeed
- The best workshops on STEM academic and career strategies that each of the C6 colleges has to offer
- Partnerships with four-year universities, STEM-based industry groups, and Alumni across the county
- Pipeline of support within the California Central Coast network of STEM educators and organizations
The C6 Alliance is dedicated to helping STEM students across the Central Coast to excel in their academics and develop professional networks designed to assist them in entering into the STEM careers of their dreams. STEM students from these central coast colleges are invited to participate in a variety of services and events as the Alliance rallies around you to support your academic success!
How to Join
Become a C6 LSAMP Scholar and position yourself to participate in the STEM network including research and internships, career development, events, and academic success opportunities.
C6 is funded by the National Science Foundation’s Louis Stokes Alliances for Minority Participation Bridge to the Baccalaureate Program (NSF/LSAMP/B2B), under Grant No. 2110112.