Books for Bulldogs is a free service that allows currently enrolled AHC students to borrow textbooks for an entire semester.
To request a book from the Books for Bulldogs program, follow these steps in the Library Catalog:
- Type in your book title, course or keyword into the search box
- Select Books for Bulldogs from the drop-down list in the box
- Click the magnifying glass to search
- Locate your book in the list of search results and click the title
- Verify this is the correct course and textbook you need
- Click Sign-in in the yellow box to log-in to your library account with your AHC credentials
- Select the book by clicking Request
- Choose your pick-up location and Submit
- You will receive an email with instructions for pickup if your request is accepted
For more information about how to place a book hold request please click our libguide here .
Rules and Guidelines:
- Your Allan Hancock College student ID is your library card. Your ID must be current and you must have it present to check out anything from the library.
- Currently enrolled AHC students are eligible to borrow textbooks.
- Three (3) textbooks limited per student.
- There is no guarantee that requested textbooks will be available, as textbook supply is limited.
- The program does not carry access codes or course packets.
- Book orders are filled in the order requests are received.
- Book requests for Winter 2022 will open December 5, 2022 at 8:00am and run through December 15, 2022.
BOOK PICKUP INSTRUCTIONS
Requested textbooks for Winter 2022 will be available for pickup at our Santa Maria campus library and Lompoc Valley Center library starting Monday, December 12, 2022 through Thursday, December 15th, 2022 from 9:00am until 3:00pm. (please check your email for notifications). Items not picked up after one week on the hold shelf will be placed back into the collection.
Textbooks requests for the Spring 2023 semester begin January 17th at 8:00am.