Book Lending Program FAQs
1. What information do I need to fill out a book request submission form?
- AHC student ID number
- A booklist from the AHC Bookstore website
- Your AHC class schedule
2. Where do I pick up my books? Due to the COVID 19 stay-at-home order, for the safety of everyone, books will be loaned out by limited contact distribution and by scheduled appointments at our Santa Maria contactless curbside pickup location in Parking Lot 8 (near the gymnasium) on January 11 from 10 am - 4 pm and January 12 from 12 pm - 6 pm. Items not picked up up during these times will be held until January 22, 2021 when they will be placed back into the collection. Please contact us if you have an appointment and are unable to make it to our scheduled curbside pick-up.
3. How do I reserve my books? To borrow books, please log in to the library catalog website early starting on January 4, 2021 to search for and secure your textbook request. The Spring 2021 book request window will open online that day and will continue throughout the semester. Because textbook supply is limited, there is no guarantee that requested textbooks will be available. If you do not have internet access, please call 805-922-6966 ext. 3500 or if possible, send an email to email@example.com.
4. Who is eligible to borrow books? All currently enrolled AHC students can borrow up to three books for courses in which they are currently enrolled.
6. Where do I return my books? Please return books to the AHC Library by visiting either the Santa Maria Campus or the Lompoc Valley Center Campus to put your books in one of the library’s book drop boxes.
7. Do I need an appointment to return my books? You do not need an appointment to return your books. Please return between the last day of class instruction and the day following the last day of finals.
8. What happens if I do not return my books? Students who do not return their books will be ineligible to borrow books from the program in the future.