Welcome to AHC's Virtual Tutoring Center
Welcome to the fall 2021 semester! Tutoring services are provided in-person and online this semester. You can choose how you wish to access tutoring, just follow the steps below.
Steps to access tutoring (Fall and Spring Only):
- Enroll in BASK 7004A Supervised Tutoring, CRN 21308. This is a free noncredit class with no minimum required attendance and no grades. All students who receive tutoring must enroll in this course.
- Request tutoring via a tutoring application by clicking here: Tutoring Request Online Form. You must be an active Allan Hancock student to receive online tutoring in your subject. Tutoring is available in almost every subject. Appointments last 50 minutes. Students can sign-up for appointments weekly throughout the semester or one-time-only appointments.
- Expect a phone call from the Tutorial Center office within 24 hours to set up your appointment.
- Once your appointment is scheduled, you will receive an official appointment email that contains details about meeting with your tutor.
- Need to cancel or reschedule? Call 805-922-6966 ext. 3260
* If you submit the wrong information in your application or you need to updated it, submit a new application and we will call you in 24 hours to update your information.
Use the chat box above, and a staff member will assist you.
No appointment needed for Fall tutoring. Just click the "connect with a tutor now" link below.
Need immediate tutoring in math, English or ESL? Use the link above to connect with a tutor immediately for a short-term visit using the drop-in tutoring Zoom links on the "Drop-In Tutoring Schedule" link located on the left side of the page.
Please note that drop-in tutoring is available on a first-come, first-served basis. If you need a dedicated ongoing appointment throughout the semester, please request an appointment using the tutoring application.
ARC Computer Lab and Tutorial Center
Monday-Thursday: 9 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Friday 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Saturday 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
We will help you be successful at Allan Hancock College
The mission of Tutorial Services is to assist students in successfully completing their courses. Tutoring supports the college mission to provide support services that help students achieve their educational goals.
The Tutorial Center is a valuable service provided to Allan Hancock College students. The center provides free on-site group and one-on-one tutoring in most academic subjects for all AHC students who apply. All students receive one hour of tutoring per week for each class in which they are enrolled. Call the Tutorial Center to sign up for tutoring at any point in the semester.
- Appointments must be made 48 hours in advance.
- Individual or group appointments are available.
- Appointments can be made weekly or one-time only.
- Students can apply for tutoring anytime during the semester.
- Tutoring is free for Allan Hancock College students.
PEER TUTORS ARE STUDENTS WHO:
- Received an “A” or “B” letter grade in the subjects they tutor.
- Have been recommended by their instructors.
- Currently have 3.0 GPA or higher and maintain it through the semester.
- Have been trained to help you to improve your learning skills.
All tutoring is offered online. The Open Access Computer Lab is open by appointment. See details on the Academic Resource Center website.
Assistant Professor / Coordinator, Academic Resource Center
Lab Technician, Tutorial Center / Open Access Computer
Lab Assistant, Tutorial Center / Open Access Computer Lab
Student Learning Outcomes
- PSLO 1. Students will improve their ability to effectively develop and ask appropriate subject matter questions.
- PSLO 2. Students will improve their ability to utilize effective study skills.
- PSLO 3. Students will gain knowledge of effective time management strategies.