Purchasing a Permit
Parking Permit Online Purchase FAQs
- How do I purchase an Allan Hancock College student parking permit?
- Why do I have to log on to the myHancock portal to purchase my parking permit?
- What if the Credentials Solutions, Inc. online order screen does not display?
- What if I pay by cash, check or voucher?
- What if I’m purchasing my permit less than five (5) business days before school begins or after school begins? Will I get my permit in time?
- What if I need help purchasing my parking permit online?
- Can I pick up my parking permit from a college cashier?
- Where do I place my parking permit?
- Can I transfer my parking permit decal between my vehicles?
- If my class gets canceled or I withdraw from class can I get a refund for my parking permit?
- What if my parking permit does not arrive in the mail?
- What is Credentials Solutions and is it safe to enter my personal information online?
How do I purchase an Allan Hancock College student parking permit?
Student parking permits are now sold exclusively online. After registering for spring 2012 classes, log on to myHancock, select the Student tab and click Purchase a Student Parking Permit in the Cashier Services channel. Your permit will be sent to you in the mail by Credentials Solutions, Inc.
Why do I have to log on to the myHancock portal to purchase my parking permit?
Only AHC students registered in the current term are eligible to purchase a parking permit. Logging on to the myHancock portal verifies that you are a student and allows you to purchase a parking permit through Credentials Solutions, Inc.
What if I pay by cash, check or voucher?
If you are unable to pay online with a credit or debit card, you must use a specially-designated computer located in buildings A or S on the Santa Maria campus or in building 1 at the Lompoc Valley Center during cashier hours. Once you place your order online, proceed to the nearby college cashier to make your payment. If you are paying with a voucher, submit your voucher to a college cashier. The cashier will accept your payment and notify Credentials Solutions to mail your permit to you within five (5) business days.
What if I’m purchasing my permit less than five (5) business days before school begins
or after school begins? Will I get my permit in time?
When you purchase your permit less than five (5) business days before or after school begins, you will be able to print a temporary parking permit from the Credentials Solutions website. Display the temporary permit in your vehicle until your current term permit arrives in the mail. If you are paying by cash, check or voucher, a college cashier will provide you with a temporary permit.
- You can call the Credentials Solutions Help number at (847) 716-3005 for online assistance.
- You can contact the district cashiers office by calling 1-805-922-6966 ext. 3626 or email at email@example.com.
- You can visit a college cashier location, and they will assist you through the online process. Call the location of your choice for hours and availability:
Santa Maria Campus: 1-805-922-6966
Cashier (bldg. A): ext. 3626/3582/3270
Community Education (bldg. S): ext. 3209
Lompoc Valley Center: (805) 735-3366
Where do I place my parking permit?
Attach your parking permit decal to the inside lower-left (driver’s side) corner of the windshield. The permit must be visible at all times from the front of the vehicle.
Can I transfer my parking permit decal between my vehicles?
The parking permit decal is self-adhesive and can be transferred between your vehicles. Any vehicle displaying a lost, stolen or altered permit decal is subject to citation and/or impoundment and possible criminal and administrative sanctions.
If my class gets canceled or I withdraw from class can I get a refund for my parking
If all of your classes are canceled by the college or if you withdraw from all of your classes PRIOR the first day of the term, you can submit your parking permit along with a refund request form to a college cashier. Cashier services, will verify that your classes were canceled or dropped and submit your refund request to Higher One, our refund processing company. Click here to download the refund request form. The form is also available from a college cashier.
What if my parking permit does not arrive in the mail?
You will need to contact the Allan Hancock College Police Department at 1-805-922-6966 ext. 3651. They can verify the address you entered when you completed your order online through Credentials Solutions and the postal tracking records.
What is Credentials Solutions and is it safe to enter my personal information online?
Yes. Credentials Inc. and Credentials Order Processing Services Inc., have collectively been in business since 1997. They provide Internet-based order processing and services as a contracted agent for various colleges, universities, municipalities, and other related industry institutions. It is on behalf of these institutions that they are accepting your order and providing services to you. They have implemented a variety of security measures to safeguard your personal information when you place an order. They have in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information they collect online. Using their secure server, all web pages (not just those with social security numbers or credit/debit card numbers) utilized in their order processing systems are transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption technology.