Purchasing a Permit
Parking Permit Online Purchase FAQs
- How do I purchase an Allan Hancock College student parking permit?
- I'm a new student who signed up for school today but I cannot buy a semester permit.
- Why do I have to log on to the myHancock portal to purchase my parking permit?
- What if the online order screen does not display?
- What if I pay by cash, check or voucher?
- What if I need help purchasing my parking permit online?
- Can I pick up my parking permit from a college cashier?
- Can I transfer my parking permit decal between my vehicles?
- If my class gets canceled or I withdraw from class can I get a refund for my parking permit?
How do I purchase an Allan Hancock College student parking permit?
Student parking permits are now sold exclusively online. After registering, log onto myHancock and under the Student Account tab, click Purchase My Parking Permit and follow the promps. Permits are active as soon as the order is completed.
I'm a new student who signed up for school today but I can't buy a semester permit.
Once you have signed up for the college, it takes one full day for the student parking account to be created. After one day you should have access to the parking portion of your myHancock account and the ability to purchase your parking permit. Once you have purchased your parking permit and linked it with the vehicle you intend to use, your parking permit is ACTIVE.
Why do I have to log on to the myHancock portal to purchase my parking permit?
Only AHC students registered in the current term are eligible to purchase a parking permit. Logging on to the myHancock portal verifies that you are a student and allows you to purchase a parking permit.
What if the online order screen does not display?
You must have pop ups enabled in your browser to be able to view the order screen.
What if I pay by cash, check or voucher?
If you are unable to pay online with a credit or debit card, you must use a specially-designated computer located in buildings A Santa Maria campus or in building 1 at the Lompoc Valley Center during cashier hours. Once you place your order online, proceed to the nearby college cashier to make your payment. If you are paying with a voucher, submit your voucher to a college cashier.
What if I need help purchasing my parking permit online?
- You can call the Customer Support Help number at (805) 562-8200 for online assistance.
- You can contact the district cashiers office by calling 1-805-922-6966 ext. 3626 or email at email@example.com.
- You can visit a college cashier location, and they will assist you through the online process. Call the location of your choice for hours and availability:
Santa Maria Campus: 1-805-922-6966
Cashier (bldg. A): ext. 3626/3582/3270
Community Education (bldg. S): ext. 3209
Lompoc Valley Center: 805-735-3366
Can I pick up my parking permit from a college cashier?
No. Parking Permits are active as soon as your order is completed. Permits are digitaly linked to the vehicle license plate you input into the permit system.
Can I transfer my parking permit between my vehicles?
Once you have completed your parking permit request, log into your account and switch the vehicle your wanting to drive. The permit will only be valid for one vehicle at a time per permit. You can change that vehicle by logging into your accound and changing the vehicle. Once you have designated a new vehicle for your permit, the previous vehicle will no longer have the permit linked.
If my class gets canceled or I withdraw from class can I get a refund for my parking
If all of your classes are canceled by the college or if you withdraw from all of your classes PRIOR the first day of the term, you can submit a refund request form to a college cashier. Cashier services, will verify that your classes were canceled or dropped and submit your refund request with BankMobile Disbursements, a technology solution, powered by BMTX, Inc. Download the refund request form. The form is also available from a college cashier.