Parking Citation Appeal Process
Use the Citation Appeal Link above to start appeal. Payments can be made online using the link above.
The Board of Trustees in accordance with the standards set forth in the Education Code and the California Vehicle Code authorizes the parking and traffic regulations for the Allan Hancock Joint Community College District.
To retrieve information for your lost citation(s), call Allan Hancock College Police Department at (805)922-6966 ext: 3652.
If you wish to appeal a parking citation the following process will occur.
- Disputants have 21 calendar days from the issuance of the notice of parking violation or 14 days from the mailing of a notice of delinquent violation to request the initial administrative review. If the disputant has any pictures or documents to support their claim for appeal, please attach the evidence when submitting the initial appeal. Once the appeal has been submitted, the citation will not accumulate any additional fees while in the appeal process. Normal response times for appeals will vary between 1-15 days. Please check the email provided for inquiries from the adjudication officer for questions or for adjudication. There is no charge for this administrative review.
- If the disputant is dissatisfied with the initial administrative review, they may schedule a hearing with the College Chief of Police. The hearing will be an in-person interview and is to be scheduled with the Chief of Police’s staff. Disputants may call the Santa Maria Campus Police Department during normal business hours to schedule the hearing. A missed appointment will result in the citation being upheld.
- The hearing officials’ findings constitute the issuing agency’s final decision and will be mailed or emailed to the disputant within 2 weeks of the completion of the appeal hearing. If the disputant is dissatisfied with the hearing officials’ final decision, they may seek remedy by making an in-person request to the civil department of the Santa Barbara Superior Court located at 312 E. Cook Street, Santa Maria, or the civil department of the Santa Barbara Superior Court located at 115 Civic Center Plaza, Lompoc (depending on which campus the citation was issued), in accordance with section 40230 of the California Vehicle Code. The courts will require a $25 payment for processing, filing, and hearing examiner costs. Disputant must pay parking citation prior to filing with civil court.
Disputants who fail to comply with the timelines as set forth in these guidelines and those established pursuant to the California Vehicle Code may forfeit all rights to challenge the citation.
Are your parking fines adding up?
Request a Payment Plan
If you have parking fines in excess of $100, to request a payment plan call the Allan Hancock College Police Department at (805) 922-6966 ext: 3652. There is a $15 administrative fee to use the payment plan. As long as you make your monthly payments on time:
- Your late fees will be placed on hold while you make payments
- Your late fees will be waived once you have finished making payments
- The Citation Processing Center will not file an itemization of unpaid parking violations and fines with the Department of Motor Vehicle (DMV)
- Any (DMV) registration holds will be temporarily removed pending completion of the payment plan
If you fail to make a payment or make a late payment, then the following will occur:
- A subsequent payment plan will not be offered
- Any late fees placed on hold will be immediately due
- The Citation Processing Center will file an itemization of unpaid parking violations and fines with the (DMV), initiating a registration hold on the vehicle