Applying for a degree
Congratulations on earning a degree!
Degree requirements must be completed by the end of the semester in order to be awarded. Review the steps below to understand the process for degree awarding.
- Deadline to Submit an Application for a Degree
- Application for an Associate Degree
- Graduation Ceremony
- Receiving your Printed Diploma
Have you only attended Hancock?
If AHC is the only college you have ever attended, you may be eligible to be awarded your associate's degree automatically. If you are currently enrolled, and at 98% of degree completion according to DegreeWorks, you will receive an email letting you know you are on track to graduate. This email will include the degrees you will be automatically awarded. You may still speak to a counselor for verification.
YOU HAVE TWO WAYS TO SPEAK TO A COUNSELOR.
- Phone: Call the Counseling Department at 805-922-6966 ext.3293. Please have your H# ready, or
- In-person: Stop by the Counseling Department in Bldg A.
Have you attended other colleges/universities?
Use DegreeWorks to verify you will complete an associate degree for the most current semester. If you are at 98% of your degree objective, you are required to schedule a counseling appointment to determine degree completion. If you haven't done so, all your official transcripts must be sent to our Office of Admissions and Records prior to scheduling your counseling appointment.
YOU HAVE TWO WAYS TO SCHEDULE A COUNSELING APPOINTMENT.
- Phone: Call the Counseling Department at 805-922-6966 ext.3293, or
- Online: Use the Successnet link below to schedule an appointment.
Distance Education Students
Distance Education students will need to complete an Authorization to Release Information Form , which allows a counselor to correspond with you via phone and/or email. Please contact the Counseling Department at 805-922-6966 ext 3293 for more information.