Skip Main Navigation

Applying for a degree

Congratulations on earning a degree! 

Degree requirements must be completed by the end of the semester in order to be awarded. Review the steps below to understand the process for degree awarding.  

Have you only attended Hancock?

If AHC is the only college you have ever attended, you may be eligible to be awarded your Associate degree automatically.  If you have Advanced Placement (AP), CLEP or IB credit, refer to the next section below.  If you are currently enrolled, and at 98% of degree completion according to Degree Works, you will receive an email letting you know you are on track to graduate.  This email will include the degrees you will be automatically awarded.  You may still speak to a counselor for verification.  Call the Counseling Department at 805-922-6966 ext.3293.  Please have your H# ready.

Have you attended other colleges/universities?

Use Degree Works to verify you will complete an associate degree for the most current semester.  If you are at 98% of your degree objective, you are required to schedule a counseling appointment to determine degree completion.  If you haven't done so, all your official transcripts must be sent to our Office of Admissions and Records prior to scheduling your counseling appointment.  

  1. Phone:  Call the Counseling Department at 805-922-6966 ext.3293, or
  2. Online:  Use the Successnet link below to schedule an appointment.

Schedule a Counseling Appointment

Distance Education Students

Distance Education students will need to complete an  Authorization to Release Information Form , which allows a counselor to correspond with you via phone and/or email.  Please contact the Counseling Department at 805-922-6966 ext 3293 for more information.