Electrical Power Outage
If the power goes out, emergency light system will activate in most campus buildings to provide enough light to exit safely.
- If there is insufficient light to continue class, vacate class to an area at least 50 feet from the building.
- Take roll or a head count when you’ve reached the clear area and resume class.
- You will be notified when to re-enter class by emergency personnel.
- Check effect of power outage on the school facility (refrigerated food, clocks, etc.).
- Shut down all computers to avoid power surge.
- Survey the building to determine if it needs to be vacated.
- Await directions from the Incident Command Center via voicemail or emergency personnel.
Administrator in Charge
- Notify AHC Police Department, ext. 3911 (Santa Maria), ext. 5911 (Lompoc Valley).
- Appraise situation, and activate administrative call-out procedure, and give direction to all staff based on information at the emergency scene.
- If necessary, the Incident Command Center will be activated with key administrators under the direction of the AHC Police Department.
- Keep walkways clear of obstructions for emergency vehicles.
If you have been asked to vacate, do not return to a building until told to do so by the AHC police department personnel or the administrator in charge.