Cal-SOAP Job Opportunities
Cal-SOAP Tutor or College Coaches
Work for Cal-SOAP and earn $20.00 per hour.
Welcome! We are always looking for qualified college students interested in becoming a Cal-SOAP tutor/College Coach to mentor high school students. We encourage you to review the qualifications below and submit an employment application packet.
The tutor/College Coach will be responsible for tutoring and advising high school students. Applicants must be knowledgeable in academic subjects as English, Math, History, and Science and provide a transcript with good grades. Hours are flexible to fit your school schedule.
- Must be currently enrolled in at least 6 college units
- 17 years old or older (17 years old with a high school diploma)
- Maintain 2.00 cumulative GPA
- Must have demonstrated financial need
- Must have transportation
- Able to work with a diverse population
- Hours: up to 19 hours/week
Application packet includes the following:
- Allan Hancock College Employment Application
- Copy of current financial aid award overview letter – Found on your student portal
- Provide Hancock and personal email address
- Tutor Availability Sheet
- Current AHC Class Schedule
- Unofficial Transcripts from current college or university
- FAFSA Student Aid Report (SAR)
Central Coast Cal-SOAP
800 S. College Drive, A-209
Santa Maria, CA 93454
Other Helpful Documents, if hired: