- How do I register online?
- I’ve forgotten my User Name and Password.
- Can you help me register online?
- Can I register in person?
- I’m not sure what class to take. Can you help me?
- I can’t find the class (art, floral, jewelry, math, etc.) I’m looking for in the schedule?
- Where can I find my class schedule?
- How do I find out about noncredit Career Development Certificates?
- Are parking permits required to park on-campus?
- How can I purchase a semester parking permit?
- Do I need a parking permit for college events on Friday night?
- How do I get my refund?
How do I register online?
Log on to myHancock using your username and password. Click Student tab, then Register/Add/Drop/Search Classes. For detailed instructions, view the How to Register video. College for Kids students must register in-person in bldg. S.
I’ve forgotten my User Name and Password.
Click on myHancock and select Find Username / Reset Password.
Can you help me register online?
Yes, Community Education staff can assist you. Please visit the Community Ed office during open hours. The staff can also provide registration assistance. Staff can help you log on to myHancock, and provide assistance with the registration process. Call 1-805-922-6966 ext. 3209.
Can I register in person?
Students are encouraged to register online at any time; however you can receive registration assistance in person at Community Education (bldg. S) from 8 a.m. to 6:30 p.m., Monday – Thursday (hours are subject to change). College for Kids students must register in-person in bldg. S.
I’m not sure what class to take. Can you help me?
Noncredit counselors can help you choose classes or develop a student educational plan. Contact the office at 922-6966 ext. 3740 to set up an appointment. Walk-ins are available when a counselor is on duty.
I can’t find the class I’m looking for in the schedule?
Classes are listed by approved noncredit categories. See the find below to see where your class is located:
- Arts & Crafts – see Older Adults
- Basic Math – see Basic Skills
- Business Skills Lab – see Vocational Ed
- Computers & You – see Vocational Ed
- Cooking – see Home Economics
- Digital Photography – see Older Adults
- Floral Design - see Vocational Ed
- Gardening & Landscaping - see Vocational Ed
- Jewelry Making & Repair - see Vocational Ed
- Mature Driver – see Health & Safety
- Needle Arts – see Home Economics
- Painting – see Older Adults
- GED Test Preparation – see Basic Skills
- Reading, Writing & Math – see Basic Skills
- Sewing/Quilting – see Home Economics
- Stress Management – see Health & Safety
Where can I find my class schedule?
- Log on to myHancock
- click Schedule/Fees/Deadlines under the Registration heading
How do I find out about noncredit Career Development Certificates?
Contact a noncredit counselor in bldg. S, Community Education, 922-6966, ext. 3740. Walk-ins are available when a counselor is on duty.
Are parking permits required to park on-campus?
Parking permits are required when classes are in session for all vehicles parked on the Santa Maria campus, South Campus and at the Lompoc Valley Center between the hours of 8 a.m. and 10 p.m., Monday through Thursday, and 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Friday. Students and visitors may park in white-lined stalls only.
How can I purchase a semester parking permit?
Refer to Parking Permits for information on how to obtain one. For additional parking information, please see the Parking Regulations page. Daily permits can be purchased on campus for $2. Parking meters are located throughout the campus.
Do I need a parking permit for college events on Friday night?
Parking permits are not required after 4 p.m. on Fridays. Permits are not required for weekend events/classes.
How do I get my refund?
If you drop a fee-based class before the first class meeting, you are entitled to a refund. To obtain a refund, you must submit a Refund Request Form to Community Education. Go to Refunds & Cancellations page to review the policy and to access the form.