- Where and when will the graduation ceremony take place?
- Where is the ceremony taking place?
- Is a reservation required?
- Can I bring my family?
- What type of vehicles are allowed?
- Can I get out of my car?
- Are masks required?
- Can I take pictures?
- Will there be a photographer?
- Can I decorate my car?
- How many vehicles can I bring for my family & friends?
- Can I participate if I don’t have a vehicle?
- Is there a way for those who do not attend to watch and/or hear the ceremony?
- What should I wear?
- Will I receive a commencement program with my name in it?
- When will I receive my official diploma and/or certificate?
- What time should I arrive?
- Will there be a rehearsal?
- Do I need to order tickets in order to attend?
- Who do I contact if I have a special request or require an accommodation?
- Is smoking allowed on campus?
- Are alcoholic beverages permitted before, during, or after the graduation ceremony?
- Are animals allowed on campus during commencement activities?
- Are there any video or photography restrictions?
- If I have any additional questions regarding commencement, who should I contact?
Where and when will the graduation ceremony take place?
The 2021 graduation ceremony is Friday, May 21, 2021; it will be held two sessions, 10 a.m. and 2 p.m., and will take place on the Santa Maria campus.
The ceremony will be a drive-through, socially distanced event where graduates will have the opportunity to walk across the stage, receive their diploma, and get their photograph taken. The ceremony will also be live streamed from the Allan Hancock College website.
Where is the ceremony taking place?
The ceremony will take place on the Santa Maria Campus, in the grass area to the south of building A & B and within parking lot number 3. Please refer to the graduation map.
Is a reservation required?
Yes! Please submit your reservation by filling out the 2021 Graduation Reservation form. Reservation deadline is Monday, May 17, 2021 at 10:00 p.m.
Are masks required?
Yes, masks are required for the graduate when they exit their vehicle and walk across the stage. It may only be removed for the second photograph taken by the official photographer, Grad Images, after the graduate exits the stage.
Will there be a photographer?
Yes! Grad Images will take official graduation pictures of each student as they walk on stage. Our AHC photographer will also be taking candid pictures of the ceremony.
Can I decorate my car?
Yes! We encourage decorations to celebrate the day. Pre-order one free custom 18x24 graduation sign for graduation day! Visit www.ahccampusgraphics.com/ for instructions. A limited number of generic signs will also be available in the bookstore prior to graduation.
How many vehicles can I bring for my family & friends?
Students are allowed to have a maximum of 3 vehicles. All vehicles must be together, back-to-back, at check-in. Please enter campus through entrance #4 altogether.
Is there a way for those who do not attend to watch and/or hear the ceremony?
Yes! The ceremonies will be live streamed on the AHC You Tube webpage (www.youtube.com/user/AllanHancockCollege). The live stream will allow family and friends to watch from an electronic device.
What should I wear?
All students who walk across the stage must wear official regalia. Regalia can be purchased at the campus bookstore www.hancockcollege.edu/bookstore. See the Cap and Gown Info page for more information on graduation regalia.
For any other questions concerning graduation apparel or purchases please contact the bookstore at 805-922-2391 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Will I receive a commencement program with my name in it?
Commencement programs will be distributed to students and guests at the check-in station on the day of graduation. The program lists the names of graduates receiving Associate in Arts degrees, Associate in Science degrees, and early candidates for summer 2021 degree conferral.
When will I receive my official diploma and/or certificate?
Admissions & Records - Diploma and Certificates
Tues., May 18
Tues., May 18
Who do I contact if I have a special request or require an accommodation?
Please contact Dr. Stephanie Crosby, Director, LAP/Veterans Success/Health Services, at 1-805-922-6966 ext. 3379 or email email@example.com.
If I have any additional questions regarding commencement, who should I contact?
Please contact Holly Costello, Coordinator, Student Services/Administrative Assistant V, at 1-805-922-6966 ext. 3650 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.