The Writing Center supports students at all levels and all stages of their writing process. Some of the services we provide include:
- one-on-one writing support at all stages of the writing process for reading and writing assignments for any class;
- assistance in all steps of the writing process from brainstorming, organizing, thesis development, MLA documentation, and much more;
- assistance for students at all levels of writing; and
- workshops focused on writing skills that can be applied to writing assignments in all courses.
How to Use Writing Center Services
To receiving tutoring assistance from a Writing Center faculty, follow the steps below.
Questions? Use the chatbox on the right side of this page.
- Enroll in the free Writing Center course: BASK 7015, CRN 40728. The Reading and Writing lab is a free noncredit course with no minimum attendance requirement, no unit value, and no grades. Simply log-in to the myHancock portal and add the section.
- Click on the instructor schedule, and then click on their photo to connect with an instructor via Zoom. The Zoom links are categorized by days of the week. Please have your writing assignment available when you are ready to meet with a faculty tutor.