What is Required?
To be eligible for College Achievement Now (CAN) you MUST be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent
Resident AND you MUST meet at least one of the following criteria:
- First generation college student (neither parent has earned a baccalaureate degree)
- Financially limited, according to federal criteria
- Student with a documented disability and be part of the Learning Assistance program
We also look at other factors when evaluating your application. Other criteria include:
GPA, enrollment status, total units completed, educational goal, and academic need.
If you are accepted to the CAN program, you are required to meet specific program
expectations including, but not limited to:
- Attend a mandatory acceptance orientation meeting
- Meet with the Advisor, a Peer Mentor and Counselor
- Attend a field trip or campus event
- Maintain a cumulative 2.30 GPA or higher
- Complete a Student Educational Plan (SEP)
- Must graduate/transfer from Allan Hancock College within 4 years
Top of Page
We're on Facebook!
Click to interact with us via Facebook (FB). CAN Alumni are especially encouraged
to join us on Facebook and provide updates on your achievements. You are ALL role
models to current students!!
CAN Rap Video
What students are saying about can
CAN Success Story
Eddie Triste was well known at Allan Hancock College. He maintained a high level of involvement with the campus and community while completing his studies here. Mr. Triste, a military veteran, began his college career at Hancock with varied interests, but his biggest interest was in helping people. He served on the AHC Associated Student Body Government for three years, one of which he served as president and was named "President of the Year" by the Student Senate for California Community Colleges.
Submit a Testimonial »