News Flash! All Allan Hancock College students can update to Office 365 for free!!
What is EOPS?
The Extended Opportunity Programs and Services (EOPS) is a state-funded program designed
to provide financial assistance, support, and encouragement for eligible low-income
What can EOPS do for me?
The following services are available to eligible students:
- Book grants
- Cash grants
- Registration assistance
- Peer advising
- Career, academic, and personal counseling
- Annual social activities
- Network with four-year institutions
- Assistance with completing financial aid applications
Who qualifies for EOPS?
To qualify, a student must:
- Be a California resident
- Qualify for the Board of Governors’ Fee Waiver (BOG-FW A/B)
- Be enrolled full time (12 units or more)
- Have completed less than 70 units of college credit courses
- Be educationally disadvantaged as determined by the EOPS criteria
Criteria for determining eligibility for BOG-FW 2016-2017 is:
For each additional household member add: $6,090
How do I apply for EOPS?
- Click HERE for Application OR come to the EOPS office in bldg. A for an application
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by going online to www.fafsa.gov
How do I know if I am eligible for EOPS?
Once your EOPS application has been processed the EOPS office will send an e-mail
to your myHancock e-mail account notifying you of your eligibility status. Your application
will not be processed until all required documents are received.
Meet with an EOPS/CARE/CalWORKs/CAFYES Counselor, an EOPS Specialist, or sign up for
an EOPS Activity!
If you are a current EOPS/CARE/CalWORKs/CAFYES student you are eligible to schedule an appointment with an EOPS/CARE/CalWORKs/CAFYES Counselor, an EOPS Specialist,
or sign up for an EOPS Activity.
Top of Page
The thing I like about the college is the campus itself and the variety of classes the college offers. I also like that the instructors are supportive and always available to help students whenever they need it. After getting my degree, my goal is to finish my transfer units and continue with my bachelor degree."
Submit a Testimonial »
We're on Facebook!
Click to interact with us via Facebook. Current and former students and friends of
EOPS, CARE, and CalWORKs are welcome!