News Flash! All Allan Hancock College students can update to Office 365 for free!!
What is EOPS?
The Extended Opportunity Programs and Services (EOPS) is a state-funded program designed
to provide financial assistance, support, and encouragement for eligible low-income
What can EOPS do for me?
The following services are available to eligible students:
- Book grants
- Cash grants
- Registration assistance
- Peer advising
- Career, academic, and personal counseling
- Annual social activities
- Network with four-year institutions
- Assistance with completing financial aid applications
Who qualifies for EOPS?
To qualify, a student must:
- Be a California resident
- Qualify for the Board of Governors’ Fee Waiver (BOG-FW A/B)
- Be enrolled full time (12 units or more)
- Have completed less than 70 units of college credit courses
- Be educationally disadvantaged as determined by the EOPS criteria
Criteria for determining eligibility for BOG-FW 2016-2017 is:
For each additional household member add: $6,090
How do I apply for EOPS?
- Click HERE for Application OR come to the EOPS office in bldg. A for an application
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by going online to www.fafsa.gov
How do I know if I am eligible for EOPS?
Once your EOPS application has been processed the EOPS office will send an e-mail
to your myHancock e-mail account notifying you of your eligibility status. Your application
will not be processed until all required documents are received.
Top of Page
"I love interacting with my students and helping them discover their appreciation for architecture and design. I enjoy giving them an opportunity for hands-on learning in our new design studio classes where they imagine ways to use their visions to improve the community. I have been an instructor at Allan Hancock College for more than a decade and I am still amazed, almost daily, how much my students also teach me."
Submit a Testimonial »
We're on Facebook!
Click to interact with us via Facebook. Current and former students and friends of
EOPS, CARE, and CalWORKs are welcome!