Science Night Physics Demonstration
Message banner from MESA Student Recognition & Awards Reception
MESA students studying engineering physics
MESA students build a catapult at the annual Leadership Retreat
Exxon Mobile Santa Ynez facility industry tour
The Mathematics, Engineering, Science
MESA is an academic program that provides a wide range of support services and activities
aimed at fostering student achievement and increasing the success and participation
they experience while pursuing a degree in mathematics, engineering, computer science,
biology, architecture, kinesiology, or other science based programs. MESA enables
students to prepare for and graduate from a four-year university with a math-based
degree. It also seeks to increase the diverse pool of transfer-ready community college
students who are prepared to excel as math, engineering and science majors. Through
the program, students develop academic and leadership skills, increase educational
performance, and gain confidence in their abilities to compete academically and professionally.
"MESA sets high standards while providing the academic tools needed for helping students
to succeed. This deceptively simple approach is effective and has produced remarkable
Henry T. Yang
Chancellor, UC Santa Barbara
Benefits of MESA
- Enhance your educational experience while completing the first two years of a bachelor’s
- Gain industry knowledge
- Make friends who have similar academic and career interests
- Develop a close relationship with faculty members
- Develop and improve your academic leadership skills
- Raise your educational expectations
- Link with student and professional organizations to enhance your personal and professional
- Access state-of-the-art computer equipment and the Internet
- Orientation courses that transfer to CSU/UC
- Review Sessions, Organized Study Groups, & Tutoring
- Dedicated MESA student study center
- Scholarship and internship opportunities
- Career and leadership development activities
- Book loans (as available)
- Specialized student success seminars
- MESA Club participation
- Student Education Plans (SEP) and academic counseling
- University transfer recognition and support
Santa Maria Campus Room W-21
805-922-6966 ext. 3446
Monday -Wednesday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Thursday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Friday, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Monday - Thursday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. in June, July & August.
Top of Page
We're on Facebook!
Click to interact with us via Facebook. AHC MESA Alumni are especially encouraged
to join us on Facebook and provide updates on your achievements and serve as a role
models to our current students.
mesa-A solution to the Economy
Video demonstrates how MESA is a solution to the California economy.
Graduating high school with honors and realizing I did not have the monetary means to go off to a university like I had always dreamed about felt like a setback. Being at a community college, for my first semester, felt like a detriment to my education. Despite this I began to reach out to other students and was referred by a student to a program called MESA. MESA has shaped my educational career. MESA has provided me with opportunities I would have otherwise missed on my own, an opportunity to work with other like-minded majors who have since become like family. With this kind of strong foundation I have been able to excel in my science, mathematics, and engineering courses.
Submit a Testimonial »