Science Night Physics Demonstration
Message banner from MESA Student Recognition & Awards Reception
MESA students studying engineering physics
MESA students build a catapult at the annual Leadership Retreat
Exxon Mobile Santa Ynez facility industry tour
The Mathematics, Engineering, Science
MESA is an academic program that provides a wide range of support services and activities
aimed at fostering student achievement and increasing the success and participation
they experience while pursuing a degree in mathematics, engineering, computer science,
biology, architecture, kinesiology, or other science based programs. MESA enables
students to prepare for and graduate from a four-year university with a math-based
degree. It also seeks to increase the diverse pool of transfer-ready community college
students who are prepared to excel as math, engineering and science majors. Through
the program, students develop academic and leadership skills, increase educational
performance, and gain confidence in their abilities to compete academically and professionally.
"MESA sets high standards while providing the academic tools needed for helping students
to succeed. This deceptively simple approach is effective and has produced remarkable
Henry T. Yang
Chancellor, UC Santa Barbara
Benefits of MESA
- Enhance your educational experience while completing the first two years of a bachelor’s
- Gain industry knowledge
- Make friends who have similar academic and career interests
- Develop a close relationship with faculty members
- Develop and improve your academic leadership skills
- Raise your educational expectations
- Link with student and professional organizations to enhance your personal and professional
- Access state-of-the-art computer equipment and the Internet
- Orientation courses that transfer to CSU/UC
- Review Sessions, Organized Study Groups, & Tutoring
- Dedicated MESA student study center
- Scholarship and internship opportunities
- Career and leadership development activities
- Book loans (as available)
- Specialized student success seminars
- MESA Club participation
- Student Education Plans (SEP) and academic counseling
- University transfer recognition and support
Santa Maria Campus Room W-21
805-922-6966 ext. 3446
Monday -Wednesday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Thursday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Friday, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Monday - Thursday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. in June & August.
The MESA Center is closed the month of July
Top of Page
We're on Facebook!
Click to interact with us via Facebook. AHC MESA Alumni are especially encouraged
to join us on Facebook and provide updates on your achievements and serve as a role
models to our current students.
mesa-A solution to the Economy
Video demonstrates how MESA is a solution to the California economy.
When I joined MESA I found an atmosphere of very intelligent students, in which I have made friendships that are strengthened by our commitment to success. I am 31 years old and work full-time in order to support my growing family. Time management is vital to my success, and it has taken a while to find the right "recipe" of balance between school, work and family. MESA has given me important resources in the form of tutoring, access to potential internships, and help with the cost of books.
Submit a Testimonial »