As a CAN Scholar, you will receive individualized assistance through an intense monitoring
system. You will be supported in reaching your educational and career goals, and in
identifying a successful path towards graduation and/or transfer.
- Academic Counseling
- Organized Study Groups & Tutoring
- Assistance with selecting classes and creating a Student Education Plan (SEP)
- Specialized Student Success Workshops
- University Transfer Guidance, Support & Recognition
- Career & Leadership Development Activities
- Campus & Cultural Field Trips
- Priority Registration for classes
- Assistance with Scholarship Searches, Applications & Opportunities
- Book loans
- Free Printing
- Laptop Lending Program
- Calculator Lending Program
- Social Outing Events
- Peer Coaching
- Community/Staff Mentoring Program
- CAN Club Participation
- Welcoming, Friendly, & Dedicated CAN Study Center
Meet with a CAN Counselor!
If you are a current CAN student you are eligible to meet with a CAN Counselor, CAN Peer Coach or a CAN
Schedule an appointment with a CAN Counselor or a CAN Peer Coach/Tutor.
Top of Page
We're on Facebook!
Click to interact with us via Facebook (FB). CAN Alumni are especially encouraged
to join us on Facebook and provide updates on your achievements. You are ALL role
models to current students!!
CAN Rap Video
What students are saying about can
CAN Success Story
Michael comes from a very supportive and loving family who encouraged him to pursue higher education. He was an Independent Study student in high school and came to AHC in the fall of 2010. Michael considers himself a confident and influential "people person." He joined the College Achievement Now program to take advantage of the extra tutoring and free printing. When he started with CAN, he was considering careers in psychology, medicine and music and wanted to go a CSU. Personal guidance and transfer counseling eventually led him to settle on computer science as a major and to transfer to a UC. Michael left his mark at Hancock by being an exemplary student. He received an "A" grade in over 90% of his classes here.
Submit a Testimonial »