As a CAN Scholar, you will receive individualized assistance through an intense monitoring
system. You will be supported in reaching your educational and career goals, and in
identifying a successful path towards graduation and/or transfer.
- Academic Counseling
- Organized Study Groups & Tutoring
- Assistance with selecting classes and creating a Student Education Plan (SEP)
- Specialized Student Success Workshops
- University Transfer Guidance, Support & Recognition
- Career & Leadership Development Activities
- Campus & Cultural Field Trips
- Priority Registration for classes
- Assistance with Scholarship Searches, Applications & Opportunities
- Book loans
- Free Printing
- Laptop Lending Program
- Calculator Lending Program
- Social Outing Events
- Peer Coaching
- Community/Staff Mentoring Program
- CAN Club Participation
- Welcoming, Friendly, & Dedicated CAN Study Center
Meet with a CAN Counselor!
If you are a current CAN student you are eligible to meet with a CAN Counselor, CAN Peer Coach or a CAN
Schedule an appointment with a CAN Counselor or a CAN Peer Coach/Tutor.
Top of Page
We're on Facebook!
Click to interact with us via Facebook (FB). CAN Alumni are especially encouraged
to join us on Facebook and provide updates on your achievements. You are ALL role
models to current students!!
CAN Rap Video
What students are saying about can
CAN Success Story
Determined is the best word to describe Maribel Magana. Maribel started her college career at Allan Hancock nearly 10 years ago. For personal reasons, she had to take a break from her studies, but eventually she returned to complete an Associate's Degree and her CSU transfer requirements. While at Hancock, Maribel worked part time and juggled the responsibilities of being a wife and mother of three children, all while keeping her GPA above a 3.0. Maribel plans to get her teaching credential so she can teach at an elementary school in the local area. She is funding her university education through AHC Take Flight; an organization of transfer students who collectively receive an investment to pay for college.
Submit a Testimonial »