As a CAN Scholar, you will receive individualized assistance through an intense monitoring
system. You will be supported in reaching your educational and career goals, and in
identifying a successful path towards graduation and/or transfer.
- Academic Counseling
- Organized Study Groups & Tutoring
- Assistance with selecting classes and creating a Student Education Plan (SEP)
- Specialized Student Success Workshops
- University Transfer Guidance, Support & Recognition
- Career & Leadership Development Activities
- Campus & Cultural Field Trips
- Priority Registration for classes
- Assistance with Scholarship Searches, Applications & Opportunities
- Book loans
- Free Printing
- Laptop Lending Program
- Calculator Lending Program
- Social Outing Events
- Peer Mentoring
- Community/Staff Mentoring Program
- CAN Club Participation
- Welcoming, Friendly, & Dedicated CAN Study Center
Meet with a CAN Counselor!
If you are a current CAN student you are eligible to meet with a CAN Counselor or a CAN Peer Tutor.
Schedule an appointment with a CAN Counselor or a CAN Peer Tutor.
Top of Page
We're on Facebook!
Click to interact with us via Facebook (FB). CAN Alumni are especially encouraged
to join us on Facebook and provide updates on your achievements. You are ALL role
models to current students!!
CAN Rap Video
What students are saying about can
CAN Success Story
Ulises recalls not being motivated in high school. When he came to Hancock, he resolved to immerse himself in the campus community. He served as a representative for students on the ASBG for two of his three years at AHC as the Executive Assistant and subsequent President. He also participated with the Dream Club, CAN Club, and launched his own club called "Follow Polo" for students interested in politics. Mr. Serrano's involvement on campus was further extended when he began working for the College Achievement Now program as a Peer Mentor. He also became involved with the greater Santa Maria community by participating with city and county-based organizations like LULAC and the Fund for Santa Barbara. Despite all of this involvement, Ulises managed to stay academically motivated and balanced his studies alongside his activities. Ulises credits his experience on the College Achievement Now program for motivating him to stretch his degree aspirations and now plans to pursue a Ph.D. at U.C. Berkeley. Transferred: Fall 2013 to UC BerkeleyMajor: Political Science
Submit a Testimonial »