The following courses are highly recommended for your success in the program:
- LS312 Learning Skills 312
The application period is March 15- May 31, 2018
Add your name to interest list
To apply for the Dental Assisting Program, you must submit a completed application packet
with the items listed below (Application will only be available during application
Incomplete packets will not be accepted. Upon receipt of your application packet,
you will be placed in a random lottery with all applicants and assigned a position.
The first 26 students will be excepted into the program and a waitlist will be maintained
up until the mandatory orientation (Mid-July).
To apply to the program you must:
- Be age 18 (required by California Codes - Business and Professions Code Section 2069-2071)
- Complete an application form
- Submit a copy of high school diploma, high school transcript, or GED certificate showing
- Submit a copy of your AHC transcript (can be printed from your myHancock portal) showing
proof of completion of English 101 with a grade of "C" or better or currently in progress
at the time of application to be eligible
Approved by the California Board of Dental Examiners, this two-semester (fall and
spring) program provides technical skills needed for employment in a dental office.
The student develops skills to participate as a member of the dental health team in
general chairside and specialty procedures, office management and x-ray techniques.
Admission to the dental assisting program requires the student to be a high school
graduate and obtain program application forms and follow outlined procedures for enrollment.
A grade of "C" or better in the designated dental assisting classes is required to
progress in the program.
Upon successful completion of the program, students receive a certificate, an x-ray
license, and a coronal polishing sticker. They are then eligible to take the California
Registered Dental Assistants Exam. Students may also earn an Associate in Science
Degree in dental assisting.
Once accepted into the Dental Assisting Program you will be emailed an acceptance packet that will
require the following:
- Complete Background Check and Drug Screening (required by clinical agencies utilized for externship) - Instructions will be included
with acceptance letter.
- Complete Health Physical and Immunization Record (all childhood immunizations) (required by clinical agencies utilized for externship) - Instructions/form will be
included with acceptance letter.
- Current and Healthcare Provider CPR - Instructions will be included with acceptance letter, as this class is taken in
the summer during the mandatory orientation.
Top of Page
"I decided to attend Allan Hancock College because I've found the training program I need and the schedule is flexible. In the future I would like for my daughter to continue her education at Allan Hancock College."
See us in action
Video: Dental Assisting student Maricela talks about the real life experience she
gets in the program.