To help ensure those in need of a hot meal as well as companionship, groups across the Central Coast are hosting free Thanksgiving meals:
- The Pismo Beach Police Officers Association will serve its annual community Thanksgiving dinner from 1-6 p.m. Wednesday at the Pismo Beach Veterans Memorial Building, 780 Bello St, Pismo Beach. Take-out meals will also be available.
- Paul Teixeira Community Thanksgiving Dinner from 12-3 p.m. on Sunday, November 18 at St. Joseph's Roman Catholic Church Parish Hall at 298 S. Thompson Ave, Nipomo.
- On Monday, November 19 the Central Coast Rescue Mission will host its annual Thanksgiving banquet from 11:30 a.m.- 4 p.m. at the Santa Maria Fair Park, 937 S. Thornburg St. Doors open at 11:15 a.m.
- Calvary Chapel, 2620 Santa Maria Way, Santa Maria on Saturday, November 17 from 4-6 p.m.
- Santa Maria Fair Park will serve meals on Monday, November 19, 11:30 a.m. - 4 p.m. at the located at 937 South Thornburg St, Santa Maria.
- On Thanksgiving day from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Salvation Army Social Services Department, 200 W. Cook St. in Santa Maria. For more information, call 805-349-2421.
- Santa Maria Salvation Army located at 200 West Cook Street, Santa Maria, will have meals on Thanksgiving day from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Thanksgiving day, La Purisima Church Parish Hall, 213 West Olive Ave, Lompoc, from 12-2 p.m.
- Free Methodist Church, Sunday, November 18 from 2-4 p.m. at 1435 Cliff Drive, Santa Barbara.
- Salvation Army and Hospitality House, Monday November 19 from 2-4 p.m. at 423 Chapala St, Santa Barbara.
- Organic Soup Kitchen hosting meals at the Veterans Memorial Building, 112 West Cabrillo Blvd, Santa Barbara, on Thanksgiving day from 12-5 p.m. For more information call 805-886-7427.