Veteran's Education Benefits
The school certifying official is in the Financial Aid office located on the lower level of the Student Services building, building A. Assistance is provided to veterans and eligible dependents seeking to utilize their education benefits.
In order to utilize your veterans education benefits at Allan Hancock College, please read the veteran’s education information packet below and submit the required documents to the Financial Aid office.
For questions, or assistance with forms, please contact us and we will be happy to assist.
Joyce Dendo, Financial Aid Analyst
805-995-4189 ext. 3689
Requirements for In-State Tuition
Students who have a residency status of “Out of State Resident” are eligible for a California Non-Resident Tuition Exemption if:
- The student is physically present in California
- It is within 3 years of the military member’s discharge date. Effective August 1, 2021: This requirement will be removed per P.L.116-315 Section 1005
- Military member was active duty at least 90 days
- Spouse/child of eligible member who has transferred benefits
Eligible to use one of the following:
- “John David Fry” scholarship
- Montgomery GI Bill®-Active Duty
- Post 9/11 GI Bill®
May continue to benefit after 3 year discharge is up if student is continuously enrolled
Student must complete the AB13 VACA Affidavit
Students must submit the Department of Veterans Affairs Certificate of Eligibility, military member’s DD-214 and the VACA Affidavit to the Admissions & Records Office before they register.