Announcements and Events
News & Announcements
RENEW AND APPLY FOR DACA
We encourage you to renew your DACA now if it expires within the next six months.
- You can renew your DACA if you had it in the past and it expired or was terminated.
- You should talk with a trusted legal service provider before you renew if you have had contact with law enforcement since your last renewal or if your DACA was terminated
July 28, 2020, despite the Supreme Court ruling that USCIS must reinstate the DACA program to its entirety, USCIS issued a memo with the following key information for current DACA recipients and those interested in applying for DACA for the first time:
- Future renewals will only be issued for 1 year instead of 2 years.
- Pending new DACA applications that were pending will be denied.
- Advanced Parole applications will be denied unless DACA recipients can prove “exceptional circumstances” for the request.
- DACA Supreme Court Ruling that DACA Continues. Posted June 18, 2020
- Scholarship America Dream Award. Apply by October 15, 2018
- Due to federal court order, USCIS has resumed accepting DACA renewals. This is a temporary fix until the court decides whether the DACA rescission is unlawful. Posted January 22, 2018
- DACA Phase Out: What it Means for Undocumented Students & What to Do Now. Posted November 2, 2017
- Special update from the California Student Aid Commission reminding everyone that DACA status will not affect California financial aid, and CA Dream Act application is only used for state financial aid and is not shared with federal government or used for immigration enforcement purposes. Posted Sept. 11, 2017
- On Sept 5, 2017 U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions, on behalf of the Trump Administration, announced an end to the DACA program. Here is important information about what this means for DACA: FAQ:Rescission of DACA and 5 Things to Know about End of DACA and What Do I Need To Know About The End Of DACA?
- FAQ: DACA Update- August 30, 2017 by CSU System. Posted Sept. 1, 2017
- ILRC has provide a Family Preparedness Plan guide and NILC has updated a Know Your Rights at Home and at Work fact sheet that are worth reading. Posted March 20, 2017
- March 2nd is the deadline for CA Dream Act. Make sure to submit your application/renewal ASAP. Check out the press release from the California Community Colleges Chancellor's Office urging students to apply for the CA Dream Act. Press Release. Posted March 1, 2017
Upcoming Events & Workshops