Enrollment and Tuition Fees
Enrollment fees are set by the state at $46/unit for California residents.
You can apply for Financial Aid by visiting their website. The Financial Aid process starts by applying for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Once your application is submitted and Financial Aid has received it, you can login to myHancock and look under the Financial Aid tab for your Financial Aid eligibility and information.
Enrollment and Nonresident Tuition Fees
- $46 Enrollment Fee per unit.
Nonresident tuition for non-California residents
- Effective Summer 2020, non-resident tuition fees are assessed for those enrolled in more than 6 units. Exemption given to students enrolling in 6 or fewer units. Once student reaches 6.5 units or more, all units will be assessed the nonresident tuition fees.
- $264 per unit ($243 effective fall 2020), plus $46 per unit enrollment fee.
- Payment plans available for non-resident tuition fees
(Fees above may increase each year due to state legislation and Board action.)
Cost and Purpose
$21 - Fall and Spring Semester
|Student ID Cards||
Free - Photo ID card and replacements
|Student Center Fee||$1 per unit up to a maximum of $10 per academic year for classes held at the Santa Maria Campus||YES|
|Student Representation Fee||$2 per semester. This optional fee provides support for student representatives to lobby for legislation, such as bills that will keep enrollment fees at the lowest possible level. Any student who does not wish to pay the Student Representation fee must select the waiver button online during registration period.||NO|
Four-wheel and two-wheel motor vehicles
|Physical Education||A usage fee is charged to those who enroll in some P.E. classes held off campus. See online course description for details.||NO|
|Materials Fee||See online course description for individual courses requiring a materials fee.||NO|
Payment of Fees
Students who register for classes must pay all registration fees by the established deadlines (shown below) or they will be dropped from all of their semester classes if the account balance is $50 or more, regardless of payment type (cash, check, cashiers check, money order, credit card/debit card or voucher paid by outside agency).
Student payment options:
- Online with a credit card/debit card at the time of registration or by established deadline (see below)
- In person by established deadline (see below). Students may pay in person on the Santa Maria campus at Cashier Services, bldg. A; Community Education, bldg. S; or at the Lompoc Valley, Vandenberg AFB and Santa Ynez Valley center offices during cashier hours. Call the center of your choice for hours.
- Complete Credit Card Authorization Form and fax to the number listed on the form. Form is also located on the Cashier Services web page under the Forms link. Due to PCI compliance (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard) we are unable to accept emailed credit card authorization forms.
- Santa Maria Campus (805) 922-6966
- Cashier Services (bldg. A): ext. 3270 or 3626
- Community Education (bldg. S): ext. 3209
- Lompoc Valley Center (805) 735-3366
- Vandenberg AFB Center (805) 735-3366 ext. 3250
- Santa Ynez Valley Center (805) 922-6966 ext. 3355
Students' who have a balance due below $50 or less will not be dropped from classes, but unpaid balances will result in a hold on your account and inability to register for future courses.
It is still the students' responsibility to drop any courses they no longer want to attend.
Due to COVID-19, students are currently NOT being dropped for non-payment. However, a drop payment deadline will be determined closer to the start of the semester and will be posted on this webpage. All students with a balance due will be notified through their myHancock email to make their payment by the established deadline to avoid being dropped. We encourage you to make your payment as soon as possible.
If you are awaiting financial aid, please ensure that you have completed the 2020-2021 FAFSA at least two weeks before the semester begins. You should also check the Financial Aid webpage https://www.hancockcollege.edu/finaid/index.php and go to Step 3 on how to check the status of your financial aid file. If you have any financial aid questions, please call (805) 922-6966 ext. 3200 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
To verify your account balance, go to your myHanock portal, within the Student Account webpart, select the Schedule/Fees/Deadlines link.