Skip Main Navigation

College Access Scholarship

College Access Foundation of California Scholarship

Applications are not currently being taken for new students.  We will readvertise when we begin taking new applicants again.  Thank you.

About this scholarship

The College Access Foundation of California Scholarship is offered through the Central Coast Cal-SOAP Consortium to aid graduating seniors who demonstrate financial need in attaining their goal of attending a community college or university. This is the sixth year the College Access Foundation of California Scholarship has been offered. All graduating seniors from partnership schools are invited to apply for this award. Scholarships are available pending grant award on an annual basis.

Amount of the scholarships are as follows:

$1,000 for students attending community/junior college
$3,000 for students attending a CSU or UC
$5,000 for students attending private or out-of-state institutions

Eligibility Requirements

  • Must be a graduating senior from Arroyo Grande High School, Nipomo High School, Paso Robles High School, Pioneer Valley High School, Righetti High School, Santa Maria High School, Delta High School, Lopez High School or Liberty High School
  • Minimum high school GPA of 2.0 if attending community college OR 2.8, if attending a 4-year institution
  • Must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or California DREAM Act
  • Must demonstrate financial need
  • Must complete the 2014-2015 Scholarship Application
  • We recommend that you apply for a Cal Grant. Check with your counselor or the Cal Grant website.

California Dream Act

AB540 Students - Do not complete the FAFSA. Instead, you must complete the California Dream Act application online and the AB540 Waiver (waiver must be sent to the college or university of enrollment).

California Dream Act
California Nonresident Tuition Exemption

  • Have attended a California high school for a minimum of three years (non-consecutive will qualify)
  • Graduate from a California high school or pass the California High School Proficiency Exam (CHSPE) or get a General Equivalency Diploma (GED, also called General Educational Development test)
  • Enroll in an accredited California institution of higher education

We recommend that you apply for a Cal Grant. Check with your counselor or the Cal Grant website.

List of Documents for Recipients      

Renewal Recipients  
Student Information Survey Student Aid Report (SAR)
Release of Confidential Information  
CA Dream Act Confirmation (For AB540 students only)  

Contact the Cal-SOAP office for additional information.