AHC only accepts official external transcripts.
Providing Transcripts to Allan Hancock College
Official transcripts are required to satisfy course prerequisites, Student Education Plans, GE Certifications, Federal Financial Aid requirements, and degree and certificate evaluations at Allan Hancock College. Transcripts submitted prior to 2010 were not archived and will need to be resubmitted. Official (sealed) copies of transcripts from colleges, universities and high schools attended should be submitted to the AHC Admissions and Records office.
Transcripts should be submitted ahead of registration, in time for academic advising and prerequisite clearance. Final official transcripts, showing all coursework and grades received, must be received before GE certifications and degree and certificate evaluations may be completed. Transcripts are evaluated based on the AACRAO guidelines for regionally-accredited postsecondary institutions.
Transcripts submitted to Allan Hancock College become the property of Allan Hancock College and will not be released to students, other colleges, or agencies. Plan to request a personal copy from your former college or university if you need one for your records.
Are high school transcripts required?
- High school transcripts are required of all College Now! participants
- High school transcripts are required if the student is utilizing HS geometry to fulfill a math prerequisite
- High school transcripts are required if the student is utilizing foreign language courses to fulfill a prerequisite
- High school transcripts are required to utilize course work completed through an articulation agreement between specific high schools and AHC
- In some instances, financial aid recipients are also required to submit official high school transcripts
- AHC also accepts junior high school transcripts for geometry to fulfill a math prerequisite
How long does it take to evaluate an official transcript?
- Official transcripts are processed in the order received
- During non-peak times, transcripts will be evaluated within 15 business days
- During peak times, transcripts will be evaluated within 20 business days
Official transcripts may be hand delivered to the admissions office, if in a sealed envelope from the issuing institution.
Official transcripts may also be mailed to:
Allan Hancock College
Admissions & Records
800 S College Drive
Santa Maria CA 93454-6399
If your college or university sends official transcripts electronically from a certified vendor, they may be sent from the issuing institution to: email@example.com
AHC does NOT accept electronic transcripts which are sent from the student.
Please contact the Admissions and Records office at 1-805-922-6966 ext. 3248 if you need more information.
Did you attend a college that is now closed?
For students who attended a college that is now closed, click the link below to find agencies in each state that provide post-secondary transcripts.