UC Transfer Information
Minimum Upper-division UC transfer Requirements
In order to be eligible to transfer to the UC as an upper-division (junior-level),
student you must meet the following requirements:
- Completion of 60 or more UC transferable semester units by the end of spring semester
prior to fall transfer.
- Earn a minimum 2.4 GPA in all UC transferable coursework (2.8 for CA non-residents);
with no more than 14 units taken Pass/Not Pass.
- Are in good standing at the last college or university attended and at any UC campus
you have previously attended.
- Complete the following course pattern requirements, earning a grade of C or better
in each course:
- Two transferable college courses (3 semester units each) in English composition (Area
1 of IGETC)
- One transferable college course (3 semester units) in mathematical concepts and quantitative
reasoning (Area 2 of IGETC);
- Four transferable college courses (3 semester units each) chosen from at least two
of the following subject areas:
- the arts and humanities (Area 3 of IGETC)
- the social and behavioral sciences (Area 4 of IGETC)
- the physical and biological sciences (Area 5 of IGETC)
- Most UC campuses require these requirements to be met by the end of spring semester
prior to fall transfer. Admission priority may be given to students who have completed
the requirements earlier.
Due to enrollment demands, most UC campuses admit only a limited number of lower-division
transfer students who have earned fewer than 60 transferable semester units. Visit
for more information
The initial application filing periods are:
November 1-30 for fall semester or quarter
July 1-31 for winter quarter
October 1-31 for spring quarter
Berkeley and Merced are the only UC campuses on the semester system.
Berkeley, Davis, Irvine, Los Angeles, Riverside, San Diego, Santa Barbara, and Santa
Cruz have historically only accepted applications for fall quarter.
IGETC General Education Pattern
UC Personal Statement Tips
UC Transfer Requirements
Selecting the Right UC Campus
Top of Page
"The EMT program here has helped me establish the training and education necessary to succeed. As an EMT, I need to be prepared to handle each situation in a professional manner and at this academy they help train you in order to deal with these situations. The teachers here are great- they are able to share and relay their experiences in order to train us to deal with the different situations that we're going to encounter."
Read More »