CSU Transfer Information
Minimum Upper-Division CSU Transfer Requirements:
In order to be eligible to transfer to the CSU as an upper-division (junior-level),
student you must meet the following requirements:
- Completion of 60 or more transferable semester units by the end of spring semester
prior to fall transfer.
- Earn a minimum 2.00 GPA in all CSU transferable coursework (2.40 for CA non-residents);
- Complete at least 30 semester units of CSU General Education Requirements with a grade
of C or better;
- Complete 4 core areas of GE with a grade of “C” or better; most CSU campuses require
the completion of these courses by the end of spring semester prior to fall transfer.
- Oral communication
- Written communication
- Critical thinking
- Be in good standing and eligible to reenroll at the college you attend prior to transfer.
Lower-Division Transfer Minimum Eligibility Requirements
Due to enrollment demands, most campuses restrict or prohibit the admission of lower-division
transfer students who have earned fewer than 60 transferable semester units. Visit
www.csumentor.edu for more information.
The initial application filing periods are:
October 1 through November 30 for fall semester or quarter
February 1-28 for summer quarter
June 1-30 for winter quarter
August 1-31 for spring semester or quarter
PLEASE NOTE: Some CSU campuses like Cal Poly, SLO and San Diego State only accept applications
during the fall term. Not all CSU campuses are open during the spring or winter semester/quarter
and only a few CSU campuses accept applications for summer semester/quarter.
CSU General Education Pattern
CSU GE Certification Request Form
CSU Impacted Majors
SB1440 Transfer Degree Information
Top of Page
"As a student, my academic journey seemed discouraging and at times impossible to achieve. With the help of the excellent instructors in the credit ESL program I have acquired proficiency in English allowing me to complete my general education. This is the key to my future success in nursing."
Submit a Testimonial »