We will help you be successful at Allan Hancock College
The mission of Tutorial Services is to assist students in successfully completing
their courses. Tutoring supports the college mission to provide support services that
help students achieve their educational goals.
The Tutorial Center is a valuable service provided to Allan Hancock College students.
The center provides free on-site group and one-on-one tutoring in most academic subjects
for all AHC students who apply.
- Appointments must be made 48 hours in advance.
- Individual or group appointments are available.
- Appointments can be made weekly or one-time only.
- You can apply for tutoring anytime during the semester.
- The services are free for Allan Hancock College students.
THE PEER TUTORS ARE STUDENTS WHO:
- Received an “A” or “B” letter grade in the subjects they tutor.
- Have been recommended by their instructors.
- Currently have 3.0 GPA and maintain it through the semester.
- Have been trained to help you to improve your learning skills.
Department location: Academic Resource Center (ARC-Bldg L-South)
Fall / Spring
Monday -Thursday: 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Friday: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Monday -Thursday: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
For more information, call 922-6966 Ext. 3260
Student Learning Outcomes
- PSLO 1. Students will improve their ability to effectively develop and ask appropriate subject
- PSLO 2. Students will improve their ability to utilize effective study skills.
- PSLO 3. Students will gain knowledge of effective time management strategies.
Top of Page
"The agribusiness program and the different teachers in this field have helped me in so many ways and shaped what I want to do in my life. They have also helped me get an internship. This program has prepared me for Cal Poly by not only being involved and helping in the community but by helping me realize how many people in the community are willing to help students succeed. My Career goal is to transfer to Cal Poly San Luis Obispo and someday be involved in the nursery business interacting with different plant breeders."
Submit a Testimonial »