We will help you be successful at Allan Hancock College
The mission of Tutorial Services is to assist students in successfully completing
their courses. Tutoring supports the college mission to provide support services that
help students achieve their educational goals.
The Tutorial Center is a valuable service provided to Allan Hancock College students.
The center provides free on-site group and one-on-one tutoring in most academic subjects
for all AHC students who apply.
- Appointments must be made 48 hours in advance.
- Individual or group appointments are available.
- Appointments can be made weekly or one-time only.
- You can apply for tutoring anytime during the semester.
- The services are free for Allan Hancock College students.
THE PEER TUTORS ARE STUDENTS WHO:
- Received an “A” or “B” letter grade in the subjects they tutor.
- Have been recommended by their instructors.
- Currently have 3.0 GPA and maintain it through the semester.
- Have been trained to help you to improve your learning skills.
Department location: Academic Resource Center (ARC-Bldg L-South)
Fall / Spring
Monday -Thursday: 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Friday: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Monday -Thursday: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
For more information, call 922-6966 Ext. 3260
Student Learning Outcomes
- PSLO 1. Students will improve their ability to effectively develop and ask appropriate subject
- PSLO 2. Students will improve their ability to utilize effective study skills.
- PSLO 3. Students will gain knowledge of effective time management strategies.
Top of Page
"Allan Hancock College is truly an amazing community college, especially when you give yourself the opportunity to get involved. After returning from overseas as a member of the U.S. Marines, I discovered the agribusiness program at Hancock. The faculty and staff are so helpful and encouraging. The facilities in the new Industrial Technology Complex are top of the line. Hancock is truly a start here, go anywhere campus."
Submit a Testimonial »