GED Computer-Based Testing
Success is just clicks away! Now you can take the GED test on computer at the Allan
Hancock College Testing Center and get a better job, go to college, and earn more
- The 2014 GED test consists of four subject areas:
- Social Studies
- Reading/Language Arts (writing)
- You will need to receive 150 points on each of the four exams, for a total of 600
points, to earn your GED certificate.
- Each exam costs $35, payable online with a credit or debit card, or agency voucher,
for a total cost of $140.
- The AHC Testing Center offers GED testing almost every day; the dates are accessible
online after you select the testing location.
- Register for the GED exams at: www.ged.com
- If you want to take the test in Spanish, go to https://ged.com/?language=ESP
- Enter your email address, OR, click on the link to create an email account.
- Verify your email address.
- Check the box agreeing to the Privacy rules and Terms and Conditions.
- Click on "Sign Up" to complete the registration process.
- The online study guides and practice test are accessible after you have completed
the GED registration process for a fee of $6 for each subject.
- For technical assistance with online registration, call 1-877-392-6433.
- For general GED questions, call (805) 922-6966, ext. 3364.
Using a hand-held calculator (Effective October 6, 2014)
Effective Oct. 6th, test-takers taking the 2014 GED test can use the handheld TI-30XS
Multiview Scientific Calculator for any of the three test subjects that allow the
use of a calculator: Mathematical Reasoning, Science, and Social Studies.
- Test-takers who want to use a handheld calculator are responsible for bringing their
own TI-30XS Multiview Scientific Calculator.
- The new Math test will include two distinct parts - Part 1 and Part 2 with a brief,
three-minute break in between.
- The embedded, on-screen calculator is still available, but now the option for a hand-held
calculator is available.
How do I get my scores?
- Login to your MyGED account by going to www.ged.com
- From the dashboard, select the scores tab
- Be sure to click "View Details" to learn more about your score. You can find what
your score means and how you can score higher, and if needed, how to retake the test.
Retest Policy and Retest Fees
- Two discounted retakes for each subject area taken
- GED Testing Service fees are waived every retake ($20 per subject area test)
- You must schedule retakes one at a time for the discount to apply
- Discounted retakes cannot be combined with any other discounts
- Retakes must occur within 12 calendar months of your initial attempt
- After your two discounted retakes, you will need to wait at least 60 days, pay the
full retake price and then you will receive two more discounted retakes.
Top of Page
Free GED Preparation Classes in English and Spanish! Look in the Spectrum class schedule for convenient days and times.
Santa Maria Campus, Bldg S
805-922-6966 ext. 3209
Monday-Thursday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
I Chose Allan Hancock College