GED Computer-Based Testing
Finish faster with GED testing on computer
Success is just clicks away! Now you can take the GED test on computer at the Allan
Hancock College Testing Center and get a better job, go to college, and earn more
In March 2013, our center launched the GED test on computer and students are finishing
faster and scoring higher on the computer.
All GED test takers have until the end of December 2013 to complete and pass all sections of the GED test. The new 2014 GED test is effective
January 2, 2014 and can only be taken on the computer. Paper-pencil testing will no longer be an option.
- Examinees who have not started taking the GED tests are eligible to take it online
at the AHC Testing Center. All GED registration, payment, and test scheduling are
done online; examinees only come to the college on their selected test date.
- An examinee who already started the paper-pencil test can take the test online, but CBT
test scores cannot be combined with any paper-pencil test scores. The examinee would
have to start over and take all of the exams online.
- Each exam costs $28, payable online with a credit or debit card, or agency voucher,
for a total cost of $140. Testers can retest each subject up to 6 times per year;
each retest costs $28.
- Tutorials to learn how to register for the GED computer-based test are available online or print a step-by-step instruction sheet.
- If you want to complete all GED computer-based tests in two test sessions, it is recommended
that you take science, social studies, and reading on one test date,
and math and writing on a second test date.
- Once you pass all subjects of the GED test, it takes 2-3 weeks to receive your official
GED Certificate from PearsonVUE.
- Currently, the parking directions for the college are found on the last page of the
examinee's appointment confirmation email from Pearson VUE. You will need it when
you come to take your test!
- Click here if you are ready to register online for the GED CBT tests. It will take you to an outside website that Pearson VUE manages.
- Call (805) 922-6966, ext. 3364 if you need assistance.
Top of Page
Free GED Preparation Classes in English and Spanish! Look in the Spectrum class schedule for convenient days and times.
Santa Maria Campus, Bldg S
805-922-6966 ext. 3209
Monday-Thursday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.