GED Computer-Based Testing
Success is just clicks away! Now you can take the GED test on computer at the Allan
Hancock College Testing Center and get a better job, go to college, and earn more
- The 2014 GED test consists of four subject areas:
Reading/Language Arts (writing)
- You will need to receive 150 points on each of the four exams, for a total of 600
points, to earn your GED certificate.
- Each exam costs $35, payable online with a credit or debit card, or agency voucher,
for a total cost of $140. Testers can retest each subject up to 6 times per year;
each retest costs $35.
- The AHC Testing Center offers GED testing almost every day; the dates are accessible
online after you select the testing location.
- Register for the GED exams at: www.ged.com
- Enter your email address, OR, click on the link to create an email account.
- Verify your email address.
- Check the box agreeing to the Privacy rules and Terms and Conditions.
- Click on "Sign Up" to complete the registration process.
- The online study guides and practice test are accessible after you have completed
the GED registration process for a fee of $6 for each subject.
- Call (805) 922-6966, ext. 3364 if you need assistance.
How do I get my scores?
- Login to your MyGED account by going to www.ged.com
- From the dashboard, select the scores tab
- Be sure to click "View Details" to learn more about your score. You can find what
your score means and how you can score higher, and if needed, how to retake the test.
Top of Page
Free GED Preparation Classes in English and Spanish! Look in the Spectrum class schedule for convenient days and times.
Santa Maria Campus, Bldg S
805-922-6966 ext. 3209
Monday-Thursday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.