Off Campus Testing
Accuplacer (START Placement Test)
1. Contact a local college or university testing center. Ask if they will proctor
your online assessment test and agree on a test date and time; the test must be taken within 4 weeks of submitting this form. The testing center will need a computer with Internet access. Be sure the chosen
proctor is willing to give a test lasting 1.5 - 2 hours if you are taking the entire
test; it is an untimed test.
2. Once you have located a site, complete the form below. This form will be automatically
emailed to our office and we will notify the proctor with the testing information
for your assessment test.
To assist you in locating a college or university testing center, visit the
Consortium of College Testing Centers (CCTC) site.
*The asterisk denotes a required field
Proctored test for distance learning class
1. Contact your instructor for proctored test approval.
2. Find your local testing center from the link above.
3. Coordinate test administration between the testing center and your instructor.
4. Please note that some institutions require a test proctor fee.
Top of Page
the start test
This five minute video creatively illustrates how to best prepare for and get the
most out of your START testing experience.
"The Culinology® program at Allan Hancock College has helped me learn more about my future work in dietetics, and the instructors in the program are extremely knowledgeable in their field and ready to help in whatever way they can. I've come to feel like I've found a niche and help to further my education at the university level. Allan Hancock College is doing an excellent thing in providing this much-needed program in a field that needs well-rounded graduates."
Read More »