Off Campus Testing
Accuplacer (START Placement Test)
|1. Contact a local college or university testing center. Ask if they will proctor
your online assessment test and agree on a test date and time. The testing center
will need a computer with Internet access. Be sure the chosen proctor is willing to
give a test lasting 1.5 - 2 hours if you are taking the entire test; it is an untimed
2. Once you have located a site, complete the form below. This form will be automatically
emailed to our office and we will notify the proctor with the testing information
for your assessment test. A Confirmed Test Date is required before any test information will be shared with the test proctor.
To assist you in locating a college or university testing center, visit the
Consortium of College Testing Centers (CCTC) site.
*The asterisk denotes a required field
Proctored test for distance learning class
1. Contact your instructor for proctored test approval.
2. Find your local testing center from the link above.
3. Coordinate test administration between the testing center and your instructor.
4. Please note that some institutions require a test proctor fee.
Top of Page
the start test
This five minute video creatively illustrates how to best prepare for and get the
most out of your START testing experience.
"I like to teach. The science of how vines work, the importance of growing grapes, this is what I'm into. And I show different ways, not just one way. Students like to hear about the research that has been done with varying production techniques. They like to know what others in the industry are doing."
Read More »