How Do I Get Involved with the STEM Internship Program?
How Do I Get Involved?
As the Employer:
To become a partner with the STEM Internship Program, contact:
Emily Smith, STEM Internship Specialist
Phone: (805) 922-6966 ext. 3820
Employer's Internship Guidebook PDF
As the Student:
Requirements for Participation in the STEM Internship Program include:
- Must be a member of the STEM Transfer Program or MESA.
- Each semester, program participants must attend the STEM Internship Programs "mandatory"
career skills workshops identified on the STEM Calendar of Events.
- Must be willing to challenge yourself by stepping outside of your comfort zone.
- Enjoy new experiences.Want to participate in hands-on learning.
- Willing to commit to the program.
Top of Page
Computer Science Student
The first engineering class I took at Allan Hancock College was really challenging for me, but I thanked the counselor who showed me the way to the MESA program. There I was overwhelmed by all the resources offered and especially by all the students taking the same classes. Study groups with MESA students really made it easier for me to achieve. I am happy to say that I made it this far not only because of my determination to achieve a higher education, but also because of the wonderful people that I met at Hancock who encourage students to go the extra mile and accomplish their dreams.
Read More »
I Chose Allan Hancock College