Liberal Arts - Mathematics & Science (A.A.) (transfer option)
Courses emphasize the natural sciences which examine the physical universe, its life
forms and its natural phenomena. Courses in mathematics emphasize the development
of mathematical and quantitative reasoning skills beyond the level of intermediate
algebra. Students will be able to demonstrate an understanding of the methodologies
of science as investigative tools. Students will also examine the influence that the
acquisition of scientific knowledge has on the development of the world’s civilizations.
The graduate of the AA program in liberal arts (transfer) - mathematics & sciences
- Develop an appreciation of the beauty and values that have shaped and enriched our
- Develop mathematical and quantitive reasoning skills beyond the level of intermediate
- Demonstrate an ability to think logically and criticaly in solving problems; expalining
conclusions; and evaluating, supporting or critiquing the thinking of others.
- Understand the facts and principles that form the foundations of living and non-living
- Understand experimental methodology, the testing of hypothesis, the power of systematic
questioning and the influence of the scientific method on the world’s civilizations.
A total of 18 units with a minimum of one course in biological science, one course
in physical science and one course in mathematics is required.
ANTH 101, 110
BIOL 100, 120, 124, 125, 128, 132, 135, 150, 154, 155
MATH 100, 105, 121, 123, 131, 135, 141, 181, 182, 183, 184
CHEM 110, 120, 150, 151
GEOL 100, 114, 131, 141
PHSC 111, 112
PHYS 100, 110, 141, 142, 161, 162, 163
Top of Page
Basic Law Enforcement Academy Student
"The most valuable thing I've learned in Law Enforcement is going to be integrity. You find yourself, you take responsibility for your mistakes you learn from them, you gain knowledge from them, and you become a better person. My whole mindset is different now, I go out there and I walk a little different. Allan Hancock has made a difference in my life. I know I'm accomplishing something that I can feel good about."
Read More »
I Chose Allan Hancock College