Need help getting started on a research project?
You’ve come to the right place.
- Study smarter. First, carefully review your assignment.
- Understand the research process shown below.
- Start with an encyclopedia to get an overview of your topic. Note important keywords and related topics for
- Consider using a Libguide on your subject that contains quality links, sources, and websites selected by research
- Find a book on your topic in the college’s library collection.
- Try using important keywords to locate fact-checked periodical or newspaper articles on your topics.
- Evaluate what you find for credibility and authority. Revise your search terms and
search again if needed.
- Cite your sources properly. Try the Writing Center's MLA citation help.
- Perhaps view a video tutorial on:
Still having trouble? Let the AHC librarians be your new BFFs. Try Ask-a-librarian for research assistance and receive expert help by email.
Top of Page
Administration of Justice Student
"I am getting the jump-start I need in order to better my life and achieve my goal in becoming a police officer. The criminal justice classes Allan Hancock College offers piqued my interest in the field. I plan on graduating with an associate degree and transferring to a four-year university."
Read More »
I Chose Allan Hancock College