Need help getting started on a research project?
You’ve come to the right place.
- Study smarter. First, carefully review your assignment.
- Understand the research process shown below.
- Start with an encyclopedia to get an overview of your topic. Note important keywords and related topics for
- Consider using a Libguide on your subject that contains quality links, sources, and websites selected by research
- Find a book on your topic in the college’s library collection.
- Try using important keywords to locate fact-checked periodical or newspaper articles on your topics.
- Evaluate what you find for credibility and authority. Revise your search terms and
search again if needed.
- Cite your sources properly. Try the Writing Center's MLA citation help.
- Perhaps view a video tutorial on:
Still having trouble? Let the AHC librarians be your new BFFs. Try Ask-a-librarian for research assistance and receive expert help by email.
Top of Page
" My experience in AHC was enlightening. I learned to overcome obstacles. I learned to look for help when I had a problem. When I first came to AHC, I was placed in English 501. English was one of the hardest courses for me, but having a laboratory with great staff help me get confidence. I took advantage of the free tutoring AHC had. The biggest thing I learned from AHC was to trust myself in everything I did.
Submit a Testimonial »
I Chose Allan Hancock College