Need help getting started on a research project?
You’ve come to the right place.
- Study smarter. First, carefully review your assignment.
- Understand the research process shown below.
- Start with an encyclopedia to get an overview of your topic. Note important keywords and related topics for
- Consider using a Libguide on your subject that contains quality links, sources, and websites selected by research
- Find a book on your topic in the college’s library collection.
- Try using important keywords to locate fact-checked periodical or newspaper articles on your topics.
- Evaluate what you find for credibility and authority. Revise your search terms and
search again if needed.
- Cite your sources properly. Try the Writing Center's MLA citation help.
- Perhaps view a video tutorial on:
Still having trouble? Let the AHC librarians be your new BFFs. Try Ask-a-librarian for research assistance and receive expert help by email.
Top of Page
"It is very exciting to be involved in Career and Technical Education at Allan Hancock College. We receive tremendous support from our students, the administration and the community at large. With access to the most advanced technology and drawing from the experience of our quality staff, Hancock students are truly able to go anywhere in today's global economy."
Submit a Testimonial »