Need help getting started on a research project?
You’ve come to the right place.
- Study smarter. First, carefully review your assignment.
- Understand the research process shown below.
- Start with an encyclopedia to get an overview of your topic. Note important keywords and related topics for
- Consider using a Libguide on your subject that contains quality links, sources, and websites selected by research
- Find a book on your topic in the college’s library collection.
- Try using important keywords to locate fact-checked periodical or newspaper articles on your topics.
- Evaluate what you find for credibility and authority. Revise your search terms and
search again if needed.
- Cite your sources properly. Try the Writing Center's MLA citation help.
- Perhaps view a video tutorial on:
Still having trouble? Let the AHC librarians be your new BFFs. Try Ask-a-librarian for research assistance and receive expert help by email.
Top of Page
J. Danny Segura
Wildland Fire Tech Student
"I have been taking classes through Allan Hancock College for about 3 years. I'm currently enrolled in their Firefighter 1 Academy and have really enjoyed it so far and I've made some new friends. The instructors are great and have years and years of experience and knowledge. Allan Hancock has helped me further my education in my fire service career."
Read More »